Do your part to advance the struggle today! Donations are not tax-deductible, but they do go a long way toward supporting our work. Click the button below to make it happen. (Donations will appear on your bank or credit card statement as Forward Motion.)
- Reparations: What’s the Idea of an African-American Nation Got to Do with It?
- Reflections On Ferguson, One Month On: Heroism, Lessons, What Next?
- Suspected for Being Black
- Hip Hop and Ferguson
- Protests erupt in Missouri after another police murder
- Take action now for Palestine!
- Stand up for Palestine!
- Karega Hart, presente!
- The Revolution in Rojava
- What Goes Around Comes Around
- Cesar Chavez, the Movie
- Chokwe: Reflections on a Fallen Warrior
- A Note to Socialist Union Staffers: Build Working Class Power!
- Fast Food Workers: Giving Juice to a Revived Living Wage Movement
- Official Slogans for Comrade Valentine’s Day 2014
- Bridging the Chasm between Environmental and Economic Justice: A Conversation with Bill Fletcher and Bill Gallegos
- Appreciating what’s been said: Reflections on Amiri Baraka
- Now that Madiba is Dead…
- Overcoming ‘Overburden': The Climate Crisis and a Unified Left Agenda
- “Remember, Struggle and Be Transformed by the Struggle!” — Reflecting on the Passing of Nelson Mandela
- Victory Is Possible Against All Odds – Nelson Mandela Presente!
- 44 years after Fred Hampton’s murder, the struggle continues
- Help the people and communities affected by typhoon Yolanda
- “Uh-Oh, Instead of Defeating Us They Made Us Defiant”
- “Keep Your Dirty Lights On”
Most Popular Tagsactivists american black bush city class color communist freedom immigrants iraq labor left life man military movement movements occupation organization organizations party people poem political revolution revolutionary rights road social socialism socialist state stone struggle time union war white women work workers world year years
What we’re reading
Tag Archives: year
Each December, a quiz makes the rounds on the blog-myspace-facebook circuit. As I brainstormed ways to write 2008’s Year in Review, I thought?wouldn’t it be great if the movement had such a quiz? So here I present to you, 21 … Continue reading
(The following Military Matters originally appeared as an article in Counterpuch. It was also reprinted as an editorial in Truthout.) In 1970, when I arrived at my unit, Company A, 4th Battalion/503rd Infantry, 173rd Airborne Brigade, in what was … Continue reading
Let's Get to Work – A New Year's Message from the Freedom Road Socialist Organization Download this piece as a PDF
It was in the year of the strike.The city lay, a patient stripped of coverings,in the landscape.Fever dreams of birds long flown south.Now the streets exploded with people.They were hungry, and worse; they’d had enoughof war.Their leaders waved slogansand we,we … Continue reading
Another year has comeAnother year has goneWe've got to keep movingOn and on Struggle to openOur eyes and seeThough the illusionsOf hypocrisy Another year toCast asideAnother twelve monthsOf genocide Starvation, alienation, discrimination,Negation, social-deviation—Denigration of our worldAnd of our nation Terrorisn't … Continue reading