Do your part to advance the struggle today! Donations are not tax-deductible, but they do go a long way toward supporting our work. Click the button below to make it happen. (Donations will appear on your bank or credit card statement as Forward Motion.)
- Stand up for Palestine!
- Karega Hart, presente!
- The Revolution in Rojava
- What Goes Around Comes Around
- Cesar Chavez, the Movie
- Chokwe: Reflections on a Fallen Warrior
- A Note to Socialist Union Staffers: Build Working Class Power!
- Fast Food Workers: Giving Juice to a Revived Living Wage MovementFast Food Workers: Giving juice to a revived Living Wage Movement
- Official Slogans for Comrade Valentine’s Day 2014Esloganes oficiales del Dia del Camarada Valentin de 2014
- Bridging the Chasm between Environmental and Economic Justice: A Conversation with Bill Fletcher and Bill Gallegos
- Appreciating what’s been said: Reflections on Amiri Baraka
- Now that Madiba is Dead…
- Overcoming ‘Overburden’: The Climate Crisis and a Unified Left Agenda
- “Remember, Struggle and Be Transformed by the Struggle!” — Reflecting on the Passing of Nelson Mandela
- Victory Is Possible Against All Odds – Nelson Mandela Presente!
- 44 years after Fred Hampton’s murder, the struggle continues
- Help the people and communities affected by typhoon Yolanda
- “Uh-Oh, Instead of Defeating Us They Made Us Defiant”
- “Keep Your Dirty Lights On”
- Stop the Militarization of CUNY in Its Tracks!
- The War Drive Against Syria Has Been Stalled—Let’s Stop It Cold!
- More on California’s prisoner hunger strike
- Birth justice now! Midwifery and traditional childbirthing in oppressed communities
- Bending Toward Justice: Marching on Washington
- The Myth of the Middle Class: Who are the Working Class?
Most Popular Tagsactivists american black bush city class color communist freedom immigrants iraq labor left life man military movement movements occupation organization organizations party people poem political revolution revolutionary rights road social socialism socialist state stone struggle time union war white women work workers world year years
What we’re reading
Tag Archives: work
RWIOT and Left Refoundation: Building a New Culture of the LeftRWIOT y la Refundación de la Izquierda: Forjar una Nueva Cultura de la Izquierda
Introduction This past August, two hundred self-identified revolutionaries gathered in Chicago for the Revolutionary Work In Our Times (RWIOT) Strategic Dialogue. Like the 2007 USSF workshop that sparked RWIOT and last year’s RWIOT Summer School, the driving force behind this … Continue reading
An article posted in last Friday’s New York Times is certainly getting a lot of attention by left folks around the labor movement and beyond. Reaction has varied, but for folks who’ve managed to miss the flurry of tweets, facebook … Continue reading
I originally wrote this in 2004 but decided to update it during this period of economic crisis which many people (revolutionaries, organizers, social movement forces, and masses of people in general) will face on a personal level. I believe that … Continue reading
Women's History Month is over but guess what? Patriarchy, the system that privileges men over women, still exists! I often feel overwhelmed dealing with the prevalence of patriarchy in my life so I decided to and ask some friends to … Continue reading
I want to talk about love this month not because the corporate holiday is coming up but because it is a little summed-up experience that has a big impact on our movement. I draw here from both theory and practice. … Continue reading
Katrina’s devastation is no coincidence. The impacted area is in the middle of the Sunbelt, home of low union density and "right-to-work for less" laws. The planned disenfranchisement of Florida voters in the 2000 election. Huge demographic changes with new … Continue reading
The death earlier this year of Ted Allen, author of The Invention of the White Race and seminal theorist of white privilege, has brought new attention to his life and work. Freedom Road Magazine (Online) offers the following three diverse … Continue reading
Woke up this morningfeeling excellent!Picked up the telephonedialed the numberOf my equal opportunityemployer to inform himI will not be into work today!Are you feeling sick?the Boss asked me," No Sir I replied,I am feeling too goodto report to … Continue reading
Adopted at the 2003 Congress of the Freedom Road Socialist Organization / Organización Socialista del Camino para la Libertad (FRSO/OSCL) Download this piece as a PDF
Let's Get to Work – A New Year's Message from the Freedom Road Socialist Organization Download this piece as a PDF