Do your part to advance the struggle today! Donations are not tax-deductible, but they do go a long way toward supporting our work. Click the button below to make it happen. (Donations will appear on your bank or credit card statement as Forward Motion.)
- The Courthouse Raid at Tierra Amarilla: Remembering Reies Lopez Tijerina
- Three Internationalist Victories: A Bulletin From Latin America
- Button Up! #4 – King As Icon
- Button Up! #3 – One for MLK
- Button Up #2: Eric Garner
- Button Up! I Do, And Maybe You Should Too
- #BlackLivesMatter: graphics for the struggle
- A Herstory of the #BlackLivesMatter Movement
- The Day After: Protests from Coast to Coast after Killer Cop Goes Free
- Terror … and Racial Terror
- In honor of Jamala Rogers
- Whites Protest in Solidarity with Black Youth in Ferguson
- Reparations: What’s the Idea of an African-American Nation Got to Do with It?
- Reflections On Ferguson, One Month On: Heroism, Lessons, What Next?
- Suspected for Being Black
- Hip Hop and Ferguson
- Protests erupt in Missouri after another police murder
- Take action now for Palestine!
- Stand up for Palestine!
- Karega Hart, presente!
- The Revolution in Rojava
- What Goes Around Comes Around
- Cesar Chavez, the Movie
- Chokwe: Reflections on a Fallen Warrior
- A Note to Socialist Union Staffers: Build Working Class Power!
Most Popular Tagsactivists american black bush city class color communist freedom immigrants iraq labor left life man military movement movements occupation organization organizations party people poem political revolution revolutionary rights road social socialism socialist state stone struggle time union war white women work workers world year years
Tag Archives: women
9 to 5 The subtitle might as well be Dictatorship of the (Pink-Collar) Proletariat. Three secretaries kidnap their misogynist asshole of a boss, trap him in his own mansion, and run the business like it was theirs–or everybody’s. Child … Continue reading
The following essay is about the ongoing struggle against sexual violence, especially in the context of the last year's events in Durham, NC. Readers should know that it could trigger difficult emotional responses among survivors and those folks close to … Continue reading
Women's History Month is over but guess what? Patriarchy, the system that privileges men over women, still exists! I often feel overwhelmed dealing with the prevalence of patriarchy in my life so I decided to and ask some friends to … Continue reading
I want to talk about love this month not because the corporate holiday is coming up but because it is a little summed-up experience that has a big impact on our movement. I draw here from both theory and practice. … Continue reading
Christopher Lasch, in The Culture of Narcissism – American Life in an Age of Diminishing Expectations, published all the way back in 1979, said: Success in our society has to be ratified by publicity… all politics becomes a form of … Continue reading
Intersections: two talks on the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer movement and the fight against patriarchy. The discussion of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgendered and Questioning (LGBTQ) movement concerns a movement of profound difference that in and of itself is … Continue reading
Detainee abuse is in the news, but rape is being kept at bay. We have heard little about the rape of Iraqi women, which is being committed against detainees and non-detainees alike, about the rape of Iraqi men who are … Continue reading
"[T]he psychoanalytic process should be understood as occurring between subjects rather than within the individual. Mental life is seen from an intersubjective perspective. Although this perspective has transformed both our theory and our practice in important ways, such transformations create … Continue reading
In her book Race Against Empire, Penny M. Von Eschen showed how during the Cold War Black anti-colonialism was smashed through the judicious use of reward as a carrot to compliant Black leaders who dropped their critique of colonialism, and … Continue reading
Barbara Lee: Speaking Truth to Power, Finding Power in Truth Download this piece as a PDF