Do your part to advance the struggle today! Donations are not tax-deductible, but they do go a long way toward supporting our work. Click the button below to make it happen. (Donations will appear on your bank or credit card statement as Forward Motion.)
- Terror … and Racial Terror
- In honor of Jamala Rogers
- Whites Protest in Solidarity with Black Youth in Ferguson
- Reparations: What’s the Idea of an African-American Nation Got to Do with It?
- Reflections On Ferguson, One Month On: Heroism, Lessons, What Next?
- Suspected for Being Black
- Hip Hop and Ferguson
- Protests erupt in Missouri after another police murder
- Take action now for Palestine!
- Stand up for Palestine!
- Karega Hart, presente!
- The Revolution in Rojava
- What Goes Around Comes Around
- Cesar Chavez, the Movie
- Chokwe: Reflections on a Fallen Warrior
- A Note to Socialist Union Staffers: Build Working Class Power!
- Fast Food Workers: Giving Juice to a Revived Living Wage Movement
- Official Slogans for Comrade Valentine’s Day 2014
- Bridging the Chasm between Environmental and Economic Justice: A Conversation with Bill Fletcher and Bill Gallegos
- Appreciating what’s been said: Reflections on Amiri Baraka
- Now that Madiba is Dead…
- Overcoming ‘Overburden': The Climate Crisis and a Unified Left Agenda
- “Remember, Struggle and Be Transformed by the Struggle!” — Reflecting on the Passing of Nelson Mandela
- Victory Is Possible Against All Odds – Nelson Mandela Presente!
- 44 years after Fred Hampton’s murder, the struggle continues
Most Popular Tagsactivists american black bush city class color communist freedom immigrants iraq labor left life man military movement movements occupation organization organizations party people poem political revolution revolutionary rights road social socialism socialist state stone struggle time union war white women work workers world year years
What we’re reading
Tag Archives: usa
Honduras Esta Presente! The military coup that ousted democratically elected President Manuel Zelaya must not only be denounced but must be overturned. The circumstances surrounding this coup are eerily reminiscent of those in connection with the ouster … Continue reading
The electoral victory in El Salvador of Mauricio Funes, candidate of the leftist Farabundo Martí National Liberation Front (FMLN) has immense historical and political significance. The FMLN was a guerrilla movement that in all probability could have won control of … Continue reading
Every four years the Left finds itself in roughly the same situation. Having paid little sustained attention to building a progressive, mass, relevant electoral initiative, the Left is confronted with Presidential campaigns that are presented to it rather than campaigns … Continue reading
Arrested by Marcos’ forces, Sison served time in prison, eventually being released with the overthrow of Marcos. Eventually Sison went into exile, living and working in the Netherlands, and serving as a consultant to the National Democratic Front, the … Continue reading
We on the Left need to be clear as to what is at stake in the on-going, and fairly vicious, controversy surrounding the publication of President Jimmy Carter's Palestine: Peace Not Apartheid. The question is not about Carter's policies as … Continue reading
Everything Has Not Changed Since 9/11 Download this piece as a PDF