Do your part to advance the struggle today! Donations are not tax-deductible, but they do go a long way toward supporting our work. Click the button below to make it happen. (Donations will appear on your bank or credit card statement as Forward Motion.)
- Stand up for Palestine!
- Karega Hart, presente!
- The Revolution in Rojava
- What Goes Around Comes Around
- Cesar Chavez, the Movie
- Chokwe: Reflections on a Fallen Warrior
- A Note to Socialist Union Staffers: Build Working Class Power!
- Fast Food Workers: Giving Juice to a Revived Living Wage MovementFast Food Workers: Giving juice to a revived Living Wage Movement
- Official Slogans for Comrade Valentine’s Day 2014Esloganes oficiales del Dia del Camarada Valentin de 2014
- Bridging the Chasm between Environmental and Economic Justice: A Conversation with Bill Fletcher and Bill Gallegos
- Appreciating what’s been said: Reflections on Amiri Baraka
- Now that Madiba is Dead…
- Overcoming ‘Overburden’: The Climate Crisis and a Unified Left Agenda
- “Remember, Struggle and Be Transformed by the Struggle!” — Reflecting on the Passing of Nelson Mandela
- Victory Is Possible Against All Odds – Nelson Mandela Presente!
- 44 years after Fred Hampton’s murder, the struggle continues
- Help the people and communities affected by typhoon Yolanda
- “Uh-Oh, Instead of Defeating Us They Made Us Defiant”
- “Keep Your Dirty Lights On”
- Stop the Militarization of CUNY in Its Tracks!
- The War Drive Against Syria Has Been Stalled—Let’s Stop It Cold!
- More on California’s prisoner hunger strike
- Birth justice now! Midwifery and traditional childbirthing in oppressed communities
- Bending Toward Justice: Marching on Washington
- The Myth of the Middle Class: Who are the Working Class?
Most Popular Tagsactivists american black bush city class color communist freedom immigrants iraq labor left life man military movement movements occupation organization organizations party people poem political revolution revolutionary rights road social socialism socialist state stone struggle time union war white women work workers world year years
What we’re reading
Tag Archives: time
The AFL leader for most of the early 20th century was Samuel Gompers, an English immigrant cigarmaker. His strategy and method of unionism was so well-established that it has since been termed “Gomperism.” Gomperism is commonly known as business unionism. … Continue reading
When I ask the experts "how much time do I have" I don't want an answer in years or arguments. I must know if there are hours enough to mend this relationship, see a book all the way to its … Continue reading
Each December, a quiz makes the rounds on the blog-myspace-facebook circuit. As I brainstormed ways to write 2008′s Year in Review, I thought?wouldn’t it be great if the movement had such a quiz? So here I present to you, 21 … Continue reading
Download this piece as a PDF
1. Indeed I live in the dark ages! A guileless word is an absurdity. A smooth forehead betokens A hard heart. He who laughs Has not yet heard The terrible tidings. Ah, what an age it is When to speak … Continue reading
Poem of the Week3/25/01-3/31/01 eight hours plus eight hours plusrushing ta beat timerunning breathless ta be on timeI knocked you down almost killing my self and we hadno timeto lament or laughor damn each otheror be dead together… be dead, yes because … Continue reading
Poem of the Week2/11/01-2/17/01 In time of crisis You are the brave who do not breakIn the grip of the mob when the blow comes straightto the shattered bone; when the sockets shriek;When your arms lie twisted under your back.Good … Continue reading
Whose dog am I?The time clock's dog.Whose dog are you? Learn how to smile at foremen.A dirty joke and time for a smoke.Be slick, be quick, be human. The night is smallAnd hard to hold,Sinks into the spongy morning.The day … Continue reading
Oye razaWake upThis "sleeping giant" stuffAin't workingChale conWait 'til 2025Por que vamos a serThe biggest minorityIn the cosmos We've alreadyBeen hereSince the beginningOf timeAndale razaLevántate…The time forRubbing your eyesAnd scratching your nalgasHas already passed All this talkAbout waitingFor the 21st … Continue reading