Do your part to advance the struggle today! Donations are not tax-deductible, but they do go a long way toward supporting our work. Click the button below to make it happen. (Donations will appear on your bank or credit card statement as Forward Motion.)
- The Courthouse Raid at Tierra Amarilla: Remembering Reies Lopez Tijerina
- Three Internationalist Victories: A Bulletin From Latin America
- Button Up! #4 – King As Icon
- Button Up! #3 – One for MLK
- Button Up #2: Eric Garner
- Button Up! I Do, And Maybe You Should Too
- #BlackLivesMatter: graphics for the struggle
- A Herstory of the #BlackLivesMatter Movement
- The Day After: Protests from Coast to Coast after Killer Cop Goes Free
- Terror … and Racial Terror
- In honor of Jamala Rogers
- Whites Protest in Solidarity with Black Youth in Ferguson
- Reparations: What’s the Idea of an African-American Nation Got to Do with It?
- Reflections On Ferguson, One Month On: Heroism, Lessons, What Next?
- Suspected for Being Black
- Hip Hop and Ferguson
- Protests erupt in Missouri after another police murder
- Take action now for Palestine!
- Stand up for Palestine!
- Karega Hart, presente!
- The Revolution in Rojava
- What Goes Around Comes Around
- Cesar Chavez, the Movie
- Chokwe: Reflections on a Fallen Warrior
- A Note to Socialist Union Staffers: Build Working Class Power!
Most Popular Tagsactivists american black bush city class color communist freedom immigrants iraq labor left life man military movement movements occupation organization organizations party people poem political revolution revolutionary rights road social socialism socialist state stone struggle time union war white women work workers world year years
Tag Archives: time
The AFL leader for most of the early 20th century was Samuel Gompers, an English immigrant cigarmaker. His strategy and method of unionism was so well-established that it has since been termed “Gomperism.” Gomperism is commonly known as business unionism. … Continue reading
When I ask the experts "how much time do I have" I don't want an answer in years or arguments. I must know if there are hours enough to mend this relationship, see a book all the way to its … Continue reading
Each December, a quiz makes the rounds on the blog-myspace-facebook circuit. As I brainstormed ways to write 2008’s Year in Review, I thought?wouldn’t it be great if the movement had such a quiz? So here I present to you, 21 … Continue reading
Download this piece as a PDF
1. Indeed I live in the dark ages! A guileless word is an absurdity. A smooth forehead betokens A hard heart. He who laughs Has not yet heard The terrible tidings. Ah, what an age it is When to speak … Continue reading
Poem of the Week3/25/01-3/31/01 eight hours plus eight hours plusrushing ta beat timerunning breathless ta be on timeI knocked you down almost killing my self and we hadno timeto lament or laughor damn each otheror be dead together… be dead, yes because … Continue reading
Poem of the Week2/11/01-2/17/01 In time of crisis You are the brave who do not breakIn the grip of the mob when the blow comes straightto the shattered bone; when the sockets shriek;When your arms lie twisted under your back.Good … Continue reading
Whose dog am I?The time clock's dog.Whose dog are you? Learn how to smile at foremen.A dirty joke and time for a smoke.Be slick, be quick, be human. The night is smallAnd hard to hold,Sinks into the spongy morning.The day … Continue reading
Oye razaWake upThis "sleeping giant" stuffAin't workingChale conWait 'til 2025Por que vamos a serThe biggest minorityIn the cosmos We've alreadyBeen hereSince the beginningOf timeAndale razaLevántate…The time forRubbing your eyesAnd scratching your nalgasHas already passed All this talkAbout waitingFor the 21st … Continue reading