Do your part to advance the struggle today! Donations are not tax-deductible, but they do go a long way toward supporting our work. Click the button below to make it happen. (Donations will appear on your bank or credit card statement as Forward Motion.)
- Protests erupt in Missouri after another police murder
- Take action now for Palestine!
- Stand up for Palestine!
- Karega Hart, presente!
- The Revolution in Rojava
- What Goes Around Comes Around
- Cesar Chavez, the Movie
- Chokwe: Reflections on a Fallen Warrior
- A Note to Socialist Union Staffers: Build Working Class Power!
- Fast Food Workers: Giving Juice to a Revived Living Wage Movement
- Official Slogans for Comrade Valentine’s Day 2014
- Bridging the Chasm between Environmental and Economic Justice: A Conversation with Bill Fletcher and Bill Gallegos
- Appreciating what’s been said: Reflections on Amiri Baraka
- Now that Madiba is Dead…
- Overcoming ‘Overburden’: The Climate Crisis and a Unified Left Agenda
- “Remember, Struggle and Be Transformed by the Struggle!” — Reflecting on the Passing of Nelson Mandela
- Victory Is Possible Against All Odds – Nelson Mandela Presente!
- 44 years after Fred Hampton’s murder, the struggle continues
- Help the people and communities affected by typhoon Yolanda
- “Uh-Oh, Instead of Defeating Us They Made Us Defiant”
- “Keep Your Dirty Lights On”
- Stop the Militarization of CUNY in Its Tracks!
- The War Drive Against Syria Has Been Stalled—Let’s Stop It Cold!
- More on California’s prisoner hunger strike
- Birth justice now! Midwifery and traditional childbirthing in oppressed communities
Most Popular Tagsactivists american black bush city class color communist freedom immigrants iraq labor left life man military movement movements occupation organization organizations party people poem political revolution revolutionary rights road social socialism socialist state stone struggle time union war white women work workers world year years
What we’re reading
Tag Archives: struggle
Tehran Protestors It is no easier for FRSO/OSCL to understand and respond to the dramatic events now shaking Iran than anyone else. The situation there is confused and fluid, shifting daily. The basic assumptions of Shi’ite society under … Continue reading
Until last year, May Day for workers, progressives and revolutionaries in the US found us looking at struggles in the global South for inspiration and affirmation that the oppressed will resist, and can win against, the ravages of capitalist exploitation. … Continue reading
Unite for Struggle: The People Cannot Wait Important sections of the U.S. left have recently made regroupment and realignment the order of the day. Dialogue on new forms of unity could produce positive results over the next few years. Grass-roots … Continue reading
Mike Conan To a lot of us, he was Big Mike. It wasn’t just that Mike Conan tipped the scales at over 300 pounds or that he had to have a Brooklyn Dodgers cap custom-made to fit his mammoth head. … Continue reading
Intersections: two talks on the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer movement and the fight against patriarchy. When these presentations were originally made at the 2003 Congress of the Freedom Road Socialist Organization / Organización Socialista del Camino para la Libertad … Continue reading
The FARC (Fuerzas Armadas Revolucionarias de Colombia), in spite of savage repression by the Colombian government, death squads and the US military, continues to wage the longest continuous guerrilla insurgency for national liberation in the world. In a FARC-controlled zone … Continue reading
Brick by Brick Brick by Brick: Building a Movement to Free Mumia Abu-Jamal The struggle to save Mumia Abu-Jamal is intensifying. On one side, the clock is ticking—for the second time, an execution warrant signed by Pennsylvania Governor Ridge … Continue reading
In the spring of 2000, a shock hit residents of Philadelphia's Chinatown. Out of the blue, the City pegged our neighborhood as their intended site for a new baseball stadium. In response, the Chinatown community came together to fight the … Continue reading
Our younger comrades and other young revolutionaries of the present day who check out the family tree of the new communist movement tend to be either fascinated or appalled, or both. They see legendary organizations they've heard of or read … Continue reading