Do your part to advance the struggle today! Donations are not tax-deductible, but they do go a long way toward supporting our work. Click the button below to make it happen. (Donations will appear on your bank or credit card statement as Forward Motion.)
- Getting the Picture: Corporate Crime Scene in West, Texas
- Arundhati Roy: Jungles of Resistance
- May Day 2013: Solidarity and struggle around the world
- May 1: Still a world to win!
- “History had me glued to my seat…”
- Creating a Viable Black Left: Sixteen Lessons Learned in Building the Black Radical Congress
- Ecosocialist Conference NYC April 20
- Building the Justice for Alan Blueford campaign: An interview with Jack Bryson
- Justice for Alan Blueford! Hundreds Protest Police Murder in Oakland
- Remembering Margaret Thatcher
- UT-Austin Ponders Privatizing Staff
- ¡Hugo Chávez Presente!
- FRSO/OSCL celebrates International Women’s Day!
- Heartfelt, hard, painful songs of Marikana
- Behind the Dorner Drama: Respond to Police Violence with Individual “Heroism” or Community Action?
- Official Slogans for Comrade Valentine’s Day 2013
- Native American Activists Talk Idle No More
- Unity Statement on Ecological Justice
- Introducing Idle No More
- Idle No More: Bulletins from the Battlefronts
- Linking the Struggles: Amilcar Cabral and his impact and legacy in the Black Liberation Movement (Part 1)
- The racist roots of ‘right to work’ laws
- Blaming the Workers until the Bitter End: Company has a Long History of Not Being the Hostess with the Mostest
- The murder of Fred Hampton
Most Popular Tagsactivists american black bush city class color communist freedom immigrants iraq labor left life man military movement movements occupation organization organizations party people poem political revolution revolutionary rights road social socialism socialist state stone struggle time union war white women work workers world year years
What we’re reading
Tag Archives: stone
New York Stone Cutters Riot against Prison Labor If you ever visit New York University in downtown Manhattan, you'll find a fakey little cobblestone walk right next to the school's information center across from the south side of Washington Square … Continue reading
1) Did the people of Viet Nam use lanterns of stone?2) Did they hold ceremonies to reverence the opening of buds?3) Were they inclined to quiet laughter?4) Did they use bone and ivory, jade and silver, for ornament?5) Had they an epic poem?6) … Continue reading
Full hundred thousand years we sleptAs granite, cold as ice,Then we were roused by dynamiteAnd turned into merchandise. In the quarry, the labourer moaned aloud,His chisel spurted fire,The labourer's blood and sweat have weDrunk down into our core. We were … Continue reading
8 BLACK BOYS IN A SOUTHERN JAIL.WORLD, TURN PALE! 8 black boys and one white lie.Is it much to die? Is it much to die when immortal feetMarch with you down Time's street,When beyond steel bars sound the deathless drumsLike … Continue reading
I have done so littleFor you,And you have done so littleFor me,That we have good reasonNever to agree. I, however,Have such meagrePower,Clutching at aMoment,While you controlAn hour. But your hour isA stone. My moment isA flower.