Do your part to advance the struggle today! Donations are not tax-deductible, but they do go a long way toward supporting our work. Click the button below to make it happen. (Donations will appear on your bank or credit card statement as Forward Motion.)
- Stand up for Palestine!
- Karega Hart, presente!
- The Revolution in Rojava
- What Goes Around Comes Around
- Cesar Chavez, the Movie
- Chokwe: Reflections on a Fallen Warrior
- A Note to Socialist Union Staffers: Build Working Class Power!
- Fast Food Workers: Giving Juice to a Revived Living Wage MovementFast Food Workers: Giving juice to a revived Living Wage Movement
- Official Slogans for Comrade Valentine’s Day 2014Esloganes oficiales del Dia del Camarada Valentin de 2014
- Bridging the Chasm between Environmental and Economic Justice: A Conversation with Bill Fletcher and Bill Gallegos
- Appreciating what’s been said: Reflections on Amiri Baraka
- Now that Madiba is Dead…
- Overcoming ‘Overburden’: The Climate Crisis and a Unified Left Agenda
- “Remember, Struggle and Be Transformed by the Struggle!” — Reflecting on the Passing of Nelson Mandela
- Victory Is Possible Against All Odds – Nelson Mandela Presente!
- 44 years after Fred Hampton’s murder, the struggle continues
- Help the people and communities affected by typhoon Yolanda
- “Uh-Oh, Instead of Defeating Us They Made Us Defiant”
- “Keep Your Dirty Lights On”
- Stop the Militarization of CUNY in Its Tracks!
- The War Drive Against Syria Has Been Stalled—Let’s Stop It Cold!
- More on California’s prisoner hunger strike
- Birth justice now! Midwifery and traditional childbirthing in oppressed communities
- Bending Toward Justice: Marching on Washington
- The Myth of the Middle Class: Who are the Working Class?
Most Popular Tagsactivists american black bush city class color communist freedom immigrants iraq labor left life man military movement movements occupation organization organizations party people poem political revolution revolutionary rights road social socialism socialist state stone struggle time union war white women work workers world year years
What we’re reading
Tag Archives: stone
New York Stone Cutters Riot against Prison Labor If you ever visit New York University in downtown Manhattan, you'll find a fakey little cobblestone walk right next to the school's information center across from the south side of Washington Square … Continue reading
1) Did the people of Viet Nam use lanterns of stone?2) Did they hold ceremonies to reverence the opening of buds?3) Were they inclined to quiet laughter?4) Did they use bone and ivory, jade and silver, for ornament?5) Had they an epic poem?6) … Continue reading
Full hundred thousand years we sleptAs granite, cold as ice,Then we were roused by dynamiteAnd turned into merchandise. In the quarry, the labourer moaned aloud,His chisel spurted fire,The labourer's blood and sweat have weDrunk down into our core. We were … Continue reading
8 BLACK BOYS IN A SOUTHERN JAIL.WORLD, TURN PALE! 8 black boys and one white lie.Is it much to die? Is it much to die when immortal feetMarch with you down Time's street,When beyond steel bars sound the deathless drumsLike … Continue reading