Do your part to advance the struggle today! Donations are not tax-deductible, but they do go a long way toward supporting our work. Click the button below to make it happen. (Donations will appear on your bank or credit card statement as Forward Motion.)
- A Herstory of the #BlackLivesMatter Movement
- The Day After: Protests from Coast to Coast after Killer Cop Goes Free
- Terror … and Racial Terror
- In honor of Jamala Rogers
- Whites Protest in Solidarity with Black Youth in Ferguson
- Reparations: What’s the Idea of an African-American Nation Got to Do with It?
- Reflections On Ferguson, One Month On: Heroism, Lessons, What Next?
- Suspected for Being Black
- Hip Hop and Ferguson
- Protests erupt in Missouri after another police murder
- Take action now for Palestine!
- Stand up for Palestine!
- Karega Hart, presente!
- The Revolution in Rojava
- What Goes Around Comes Around
- Cesar Chavez, the Movie
- Chokwe: Reflections on a Fallen Warrior
- A Note to Socialist Union Staffers: Build Working Class Power!
- Fast Food Workers: Giving Juice to a Revived Living Wage Movement
- Official Slogans for Comrade Valentine’s Day 2014
- Bridging the Chasm between Environmental and Economic Justice: A Conversation with Bill Fletcher and Bill Gallegos
- Appreciating what’s been said: Reflections on Amiri Baraka
- Now that Madiba is Dead…
- Overcoming ‘Overburden': The Climate Crisis and a Unified Left Agenda
- “Remember, Struggle and Be Transformed by the Struggle!” — Reflecting on the Passing of Nelson Mandela
Most Popular Tagsactivists american black bush city class color communist freedom immigrants iraq labor left life man military movement movements occupation organization organizations party people poem political revolution revolutionary rights road social socialism socialist state stone struggle time union war white women work workers world year years
What we’re reading
Tag Archives: state
“Money makes a good servant, but a bad master.” — Sir Francis Bacon 1. Thinking about the current crisis by way of an analogy with a pyramid scheme is helpful on two levels: • Much like a pyramid scheme, … Continue reading
Freedom Road/El Camino para la Libertad is pleased to be able to offer this first-hand look at a key struggle in Orissa State in India. The battle in Kashipur is one of literally hundreds of life-and-death mass struggles raging every … Continue reading
The Realities of Organizing Low-wage Workers The effort required to move everything forward is monumental. Take the conditions that housekeepers, the core of the university division of UE150, have to deal with. This overwhelmingly female workforce must often work more … Continue reading
Freeing the Charleston 5: the Larger Significance of the Dockworkers Case Working-class victories are few and far between these days. However, in Charleston, SC, the termination of the cases against five members of the International Longshoremen's Association, Locals 1422 and … Continue reading
Nearly 50 years ago, in the famous Brown v. Board of Education decision, the U.S. Supreme Court said that restricting people of color to separate public schools constituted discrimination and racial inequality. Today, after decades of grassroots struggle, advocacy and … Continue reading