- Juneteenth: A Look at the Past to Find Our Way Forward
- Primero de Mayo en los Tiempos de Trump Ir Más Allá de la Resistencia para Construir Poder Político y Organización
- Chokwe Antar Lumumba for Mayor of Jackson!
- May Day in the Time of Trump: Going Beyond Resistance to Build Political Power and Organization
- Black Lives Matter Across The World, Reflections from My London Trip
- Talking points on the Trump disaster, the New Confederacy and the Left
- Mni Wiconi! “Water is Life!” A Solidarity Statement by FRSO/OSCL
- Meizhu Lui receives 2016 Asset Builder Champion Award
- ¡Derrotar Trump! By Zancudo
- Crush Trump! Build Our Movements!
- “A Vision for Black Lives: Policy Demands for Black Power, Freedom, & Justice” by Movement for Black Lives
- A Letter from Our National Organizer
- BLACK POWER IS THE SOLUTION FRSO/OSCL Statement on Black Movement, Police Violence, and the Dallas Shootings
- FRSO / OSCL Statement on the Orlando Massacre
- May Day in a Time of Increasing Political Polarization: Some Thoughts on This Moment & the Road Ahead
- Statement of Freedom Road’s National Executive Committee on the Death of Tim Thomas
- You’ve Got To Keep That Anger Inside You Smoldering
- Official Slogans for Comrade Valentine’s Day 2016
- Cotton: The Fabric of Death
- Remembering Richard Levins’ Contributions to Forward Motion
- Richard Levins (1930-2016): Farewell to a Mentor
- Wait a Minute! Two Obamas?
- Interview with Bill Gallegos
- Dialogue with Barbara Ehrenreich – Connecting White Privilege and White Death?
- Button Up! #13 – Hands Up! Don’t Shoot!
Tag Archives: political
The electoral victory in El Salvador of Mauricio Funes, candidate of the leftist Farabundo Martí National Liberation Front (FMLN) has immense historical and political significance. The FMLN was a guerrilla movement that in all probability could have won control of … Continue reading
originally published in the Summer, 2006 issue of Independent Politics, a publication of Independent Progressive Politics Network (IPPN) The current weakened state of the Left may be great fodder for jokes, as in, "What’s left of the Left? " However, … Continue reading
Sanjulo and me. Our political histories were very similar. Our political paths were both parallel and intersecting. Our first serious involvement came as black students from working-class neighborhoods. We were searching for our cultural and political identity and our place … Continue reading
Christopher Lasch, in The Culture of Narcissism – American Life in an Age of Diminishing Expectations, published all the way back in 1979, said: Success in our society has to be ratified by publicity… all politics becomes a form of … Continue reading
As this is written, mechanized Army and Marine units have closed to within shouting distance of Southern Baghdad along the southern axes of advance through the Tigris and Euphrates valleys. There are as many accounts of actual disposition, composition, strength, … Continue reading
'Remember to Kick it Over' Bullets are flying all over the world. For those of you forced to cancel your Afghani wedding plans due to a few over-zealous US bombing runs, Moscow theater outings due to someone cuttin' the cheese … Continue reading
Freedom Road Interviews Linda Evans On January 20, Bill Clinton commuted the sentences of Linda Evans and Susan Rosenberg, anti-imperialist political prisoners incarcerated for nearly 16 years. Linda has hit the ground running. She lives in California and is an … Continue reading
Poem of the Week12/30/00-1/6/01 Untitled keep the poetry page?what kind of barbarismis afoot that wouldeven entertain thethought let alone itsexpression in print? keep the poetry page?have we reached a summitin the history of humankindwhere we no longer needlanguage to describethings … Continue reading
Young Panther, the boldjournalist, His crime? — speakingthe truth to power. With huge heart, wry wit,and ardent analysis —a torch for freedom Sunny, slightly sly,smile slips through barren bars tosprinkle us with life. David Gilbert is a North American political … Continue reading