Do your part to advance the struggle today! Donations are not tax-deductible, but they do go a long way toward supporting our work. Click the button below to make it happen. (Donations will appear on your bank or credit card statement as Forward Motion.)
- Whites Protest in Solidarity with Black Youth in Ferguson
- Reparations: What’s the Idea of an African-American Nation Got to Do with It?
- Reflections On Ferguson, One Month On: Heroism, Lessons, What Next?
- Suspected for Being Black
- Hip Hop and Ferguson
- Protests erupt in Missouri after another police murder
- Take action now for Palestine!
- Stand up for Palestine!
- Karega Hart, presente!
- The Revolution in Rojava
- What Goes Around Comes Around
- Cesar Chavez, the Movie
- Chokwe: Reflections on a Fallen Warrior
- A Note to Socialist Union Staffers: Build Working Class Power!
- Fast Food Workers: Giving Juice to a Revived Living Wage Movement
- Official Slogans for Comrade Valentine’s Day 2014
- Bridging the Chasm between Environmental and Economic Justice: A Conversation with Bill Fletcher and Bill Gallegos
- Appreciating what’s been said: Reflections on Amiri Baraka
- Now that Madiba is Dead…
- Overcoming ‘Overburden': The Climate Crisis and a Unified Left Agenda
- “Remember, Struggle and Be Transformed by the Struggle!” — Reflecting on the Passing of Nelson Mandela
- Victory Is Possible Against All Odds – Nelson Mandela Presente!
- 44 years after Fred Hampton’s murder, the struggle continues
- Help the people and communities affected by typhoon Yolanda
- “Uh-Oh, Instead of Defeating Us They Made Us Defiant”
Most Popular Tagsactivists american black bush city class color communist freedom immigrants iraq labor left life man military movement movements occupation organization organizations party people poem political revolution revolutionary rights road social socialism socialist state stone struggle time union war white women work workers world year years
What we’re reading
Tag Archives: political
The electoral victory in El Salvador of Mauricio Funes, candidate of the leftist Farabundo Martí National Liberation Front (FMLN) has immense historical and political significance. The FMLN was a guerrilla movement that in all probability could have won control of … Continue reading
originally published in the Summer, 2006 issue of Independent Politics, a publication of Independent Progressive Politics Network (IPPN) The current weakened state of the Left may be great fodder for jokes, as in, "What’s left of the Left? " However, … Continue reading
Sanjulo and me. Our political histories were very similar. Our political paths were both parallel and intersecting. Our first serious involvement came as black students from working-class neighborhoods. We were searching for our cultural and political identity and our place … Continue reading
Christopher Lasch, in The Culture of Narcissism – American Life in an Age of Diminishing Expectations, published all the way back in 1979, said: Success in our society has to be ratified by publicity… all politics becomes a form of … Continue reading
As this is written, mechanized Army and Marine units have closed to within shouting distance of Southern Baghdad along the southern axes of advance through the Tigris and Euphrates valleys. There are as many accounts of actual disposition, composition, strength, … Continue reading
'Remember to Kick it Over' Bullets are flying all over the world. For those of you forced to cancel your Afghani wedding plans due to a few over-zealous US bombing runs, Moscow theater outings due to someone cuttin' the cheese … Continue reading
Freedom Road Interviews Linda Evans On January 20, Bill Clinton commuted the sentences of Linda Evans and Susan Rosenberg, anti-imperialist political prisoners incarcerated for nearly 16 years. Linda has hit the ground running. She lives in California and is an … Continue reading
Poem of the Week12/30/00-1/6/01 Untitled keep the poetry page?what kind of barbarismis afoot that wouldeven entertain thethought let alone itsexpression in print? keep the poetry page?have we reached a summitin the history of humankindwhere we no longer needlanguage to describethings … Continue reading
Young Panther, the boldjournalist, His crime? — speakingthe truth to power. With huge heart, wry wit,and ardent analysis —a torch for freedom Sunny, slightly sly,smile slips through barren bars tosprinkle us with life. David Gilbert is a North American political … Continue reading