Do your part to advance the struggle today! Donations are not tax-deductible, but they do go a long way toward supporting our work. Click the button below to make it happen. (Donations will appear on your bank or credit card statement as Forward Motion.)
- Getting the Picture: Corporate Crime Scene in West, Texas
- Arundhati Roy: Jungles of Resistance
- May Day 2013: Solidarity and struggle around the world
- May 1: Still a world to win!
- “History had me glued to my seat…”
- Creating a Viable Black Left: Sixteen Lessons Learned in Building the Black Radical Congress
- Ecosocialist Conference NYC April 20
- Building the Justice for Alan Blueford campaign: An interview with Jack Bryson
- Justice for Alan Blueford! Hundreds Protest Police Murder in Oakland
- Remembering Margaret Thatcher
- UT-Austin Ponders Privatizing Staff
- ¡Hugo Chávez Presente!
- FRSO/OSCL celebrates International Women’s Day!
- Heartfelt, hard, painful songs of Marikana
- Behind the Dorner Drama: Respond to Police Violence with Individual “Heroism” or Community Action?
- Official Slogans for Comrade Valentine’s Day 2013
- Native American Activists Talk Idle No More
- Unity Statement on Ecological Justice
- Introducing Idle No More
- Idle No More: Bulletins from the Battlefronts
- Linking the Struggles: Amilcar Cabral and his impact and legacy in the Black Liberation Movement (Part 1)
- The racist roots of ‘right to work’ laws
- Blaming the Workers until the Bitter End: Company has a Long History of Not Being the Hostess with the Mostest
- The murder of Fred Hampton
Most Popular Tagsactivists american black bush city class color communist freedom immigrants iraq labor left life man military movement movements occupation organization organizations party people poem political revolution revolutionary rights road social socialism socialist state stone struggle time union war white women work workers world year years
What we’re reading
Tag Archives: poem
Behold the bladed poemTensile and razor-sharpCold and glinting silverIn the light or dark. See how the blackbirdOf a hilt fliesBedecked with pearlsOn the firm mobile hand. Look at each faceOn the leaf of steel,The virile subtle flames,Images of incised gold. … Continue reading
Poem of the Week4/22/01-4/28/01 Ecology Poem now u mixin up fantasywid realitycuttin down de treeno leaves to stop de smokechokin our lives to deathwi fretan' wanda whypeople diede earth breathesan' no one feels can't u sewe are usin' up our … Continue reading
Poem of the Week3/18/01-3/24/01 For Joe Magarac—Steelworker Can they lock earth's workers from you and me,stop this freedom kiss they send through airpast each frontier? jail the need we sharewith builders in every land–to be free not a day, not … Continue reading
Poem of the Week12/30/00-1/6/01 Untitled keep the poetry page?what kind of barbarismis afoot that wouldeven entertain thethought let alone itsexpression in print? keep the poetry page?have we reached a summitin the history of humankindwhere we no longer needlanguage to describethings … Continue reading