Do your part to advance the struggle today! Donations are not tax-deductible, but they do go a long way toward supporting our work. Click the button below to make it happen. (Donations will appear on your bank or credit card statement as Forward Motion.)
- Stand up for Palestine!
- Karega Hart, presente!
- The Revolution in Rojava
- What Goes Around Comes Around
- Cesar Chavez, the Movie
- Chokwe: Reflections on a Fallen Warrior
- A Note to Socialist Union Staffers: Build Working Class Power!
- Fast Food Workers: Giving Juice to a Revived Living Wage MovementFast Food Workers: Giving juice to a revived Living Wage Movement
- Official Slogans for Comrade Valentine’s Day 2014Esloganes oficiales del Dia del Camarada Valentin de 2014
- Bridging the Chasm between Environmental and Economic Justice: A Conversation with Bill Fletcher and Bill Gallegos
- Appreciating what’s been said: Reflections on Amiri Baraka
- Now that Madiba is Dead…
- Overcoming ‘Overburden’: The Climate Crisis and a Unified Left Agenda
- “Remember, Struggle and Be Transformed by the Struggle!” — Reflecting on the Passing of Nelson Mandela
- Victory Is Possible Against All Odds – Nelson Mandela Presente!
- 44 years after Fred Hampton’s murder, the struggle continues
- Help the people and communities affected by typhoon Yolanda
- “Uh-Oh, Instead of Defeating Us They Made Us Defiant”
- “Keep Your Dirty Lights On”
- Stop the Militarization of CUNY in Its Tracks!
- The War Drive Against Syria Has Been Stalled—Let’s Stop It Cold!
- More on California’s prisoner hunger strike
- Birth justice now! Midwifery and traditional childbirthing in oppressed communities
- Bending Toward Justice: Marching on Washington
- The Myth of the Middle Class: Who are the Working Class?
Most Popular Tagsactivists american black bush city class color communist freedom immigrants iraq labor left life man military movement movements occupation organization organizations party people poem political revolution revolutionary rights road social socialism socialist state stone struggle time union war white women work workers world year years
What we’re reading
Tag Archives: poem
Download this piece as a PDF
Behold the bladed poemTensile and razor-sharpCold and glinting silverIn the light or dark. See how the blackbirdOf a hilt fliesBedecked with pearlsOn the firm mobile hand. Look at each faceOn the leaf of steel,The virile subtle flames,Images of incised gold. … Continue reading
Poem of the Week4/22/01-4/28/01 Ecology Poem now u mixin up fantasywid realitycuttin down de treeno leaves to stop de smokechokin our lives to deathwi fretan' wanda whypeople diede earth breathesan' no one feels can't u sewe are usin' up our … Continue reading
Poem of the Week3/18/01-3/24/01 For Joe Magarac—Steelworker Can they lock earth's workers from you and me,stop this freedom kiss they send through airpast each frontier? jail the need we sharewith builders in every land–to be free not a day, not … Continue reading
Poem of the Week12/30/00-1/6/01 Untitled keep the poetry page?what kind of barbarismis afoot that wouldeven entertain thethought let alone itsexpression in print? keep the poetry page?have we reached a summitin the history of humankindwhere we no longer needlanguage to describethings … Continue reading