- Cotton: The Fabric of Death
- Remembering Richard Levins’ Contributions to Forward Motion
- Richard Levins (1930-2016): Farewell to a Mentor
- Wait a Minute! Two Obamas?
- Interview with Bill Gallegos
- Dialogue with Barbara Ehrenreich – Connecting White Privilege and White Death?
- Button Up! #13 – Hands Up! Don’t Shoot!
- Button Up! #12 – Columbus Was Lost
- Rodt Hammers Red Wedge Into Norwegian Politics
- Ferguson/October Weekend of Resistance
- An In-Depth Look at the Ferguson Eruption: Organization for Black Struggle Leader Lays It Out
- keep movin’ directly
- Button Up! #11 – Black America Can’t Breathe
- Confronting the Matrix and Destroying the Knot of Oppression: “Black Lives Matter” and Building a Counter-hegemonic Movement
- A Tragic Death Becomes a Xenophobic Assault on Immigrant Rights
- Interview: Ajamu Dillahunt, Long-Time Civil Rights Organizer
- Black Lives Matter from the Miserable City of Toledo
- After Murder and Church Burnings: Organize the South! Black Lives Matter!
- Reflections on Podemos and Izquiera Unida in Spain
- Islands of Poverty in a Sea of Prosperity
- A Eduardo con cariño
- Button Up! #10 – May Day
- Button Up! #9 – Hands Off Venezuela
- Button Up! #8 – Triangle Shirtwaist Fire Commemoration
- Button Up! #7 – Rock Against Racism
Tag Archives: poem
Download this piece as a PDF
Behold the bladed poemTensile and razor-sharpCold and glinting silverIn the light or dark. See how the blackbirdOf a hilt fliesBedecked with pearlsOn the firm mobile hand. Look at each faceOn the leaf of steel,The virile subtle flames,Images of incised gold. … Continue reading
Poem of the Week4/22/01-4/28/01 Ecology Poem now u mixin up fantasywid realitycuttin down de treeno leaves to stop de smokechokin our lives to deathwi fretan' wanda whypeople diede earth breathesan' no one feels can't u sewe are usin' up our … Continue reading
Poem of the Week3/18/01-3/24/01 For Joe Magarac—Steelworker Can they lock earth's workers from you and me,stop this freedom kiss they send through airpast each frontier? jail the need we sharewith builders in every land–to be free not a day, not … Continue reading
Poem of the Week12/30/00-1/6/01 Untitled keep the poetry page?what kind of barbarismis afoot that wouldeven entertain thethought let alone itsexpression in print? keep the poetry page?have we reached a summitin the history of humankindwhere we no longer needlanguage to describethings … Continue reading