Do your part to advance the struggle today! Donations are not tax-deductible, but they do go a long way toward supporting our work. Click the button below to make it happen. (Donations will appear on your bank or credit card statement as Forward Motion.)
- Hip Hop and Ferguson
- Protests erupt in Missouri after another police murder
- Take action now for Palestine!
- Stand up for Palestine!
- Karega Hart, presente!
- The Revolution in Rojava
- What Goes Around Comes Around
- Cesar Chavez, the Movie
- Chokwe: Reflections on a Fallen Warrior
- A Note to Socialist Union Staffers: Build Working Class Power!
- Fast Food Workers: Giving Juice to a Revived Living Wage Movement
- Official Slogans for Comrade Valentine’s Day 2014
- Bridging the Chasm between Environmental and Economic Justice: A Conversation with Bill Fletcher and Bill Gallegos
- Appreciating what’s been said: Reflections on Amiri Baraka
- Now that Madiba is Dead…
- Overcoming ‘Overburden’: The Climate Crisis and a Unified Left Agenda
- “Remember, Struggle and Be Transformed by the Struggle!” — Reflecting on the Passing of Nelson Mandela
- Victory Is Possible Against All Odds – Nelson Mandela Presente!
- 44 years after Fred Hampton’s murder, the struggle continues
- Help the people and communities affected by typhoon Yolanda
- “Uh-Oh, Instead of Defeating Us They Made Us Defiant”
- “Keep Your Dirty Lights On”
- Stop the Militarization of CUNY in Its Tracks!
- The War Drive Against Syria Has Been Stalled—Let’s Stop It Cold!
- More on California’s prisoner hunger strike
Most Popular Tagsactivists american black bush city class color communist freedom immigrants iraq labor left life man military movement movements occupation organization organizations party people poem political revolution revolutionary rights road social socialism socialist state stone struggle time union war white women work workers world year years
What we’re reading
Tag Archives: life
Download this piece as a PDF
Download this piece as a PDF
Dell Bisdorf A comrade has fallen. Dell Bisdorf, longtime fighter for a better world, a founding member of the Freedom Road Socialist Organization and a fine human being, died of cancer in New York on June 13, 1992. No more … Continue reading
I. Under Maine’s Arabian sky the crescent and its star midwinter winter in America gripped by terror totalitarian zealots… …in Penobscot under crescent moon windblown faces trudging snowy fields to pond to skate round and round conifers and bliss far … Continue reading
On the morning of September 11th, I awoke to the now-famous image of the Twin Towers burning on my television screen. As a NYC-911 paramedic, I had been trained over and over again for different types of disasters—bombings, chemical spills, … Continue reading
Poem of the Week9/16/01-9/22/01 first writing since 1. there have been no words.i have not written one word.no poetry in the ashes south of canal street.no prose in the refrigerated trucks driving debris and dna.not one word. today is a … Continue reading
Poem of the Week4/29/01-5/5/01 All for the Cause Hear a word, a word in season, for the day is drawing nigh,When the Cause shall call upon us, some to live, and some to die! He that dies shall not die … Continue reading
To His People (A tribute to Gilberto Sánchez) Download this piece as a PDF