Do your part to advance the struggle today! Donations are not tax-deductible, but they do go a long way toward supporting our work. Click the button below to make it happen. (Donations will appear on your bank or credit card statement as Forward Motion.)
- Fast Food Workers: Giving Juice to a Revived Living Wage Movement
- Official Slogans for Comrade Valentine’s Day 2014
- Bridging the Chasm between Environmental and Economic Justice: A Conversation with Bill Fletcher and Bill Gallegos
- Appreciating what’s been said: Reflections on Amiri Baraka
- Now that Madiba is Dead…
- Overcoming ‘Overburden’: The Climate Crisis and a Unified Left Agenda
- “Remember, Struggle and Be Transformed by the Struggle!” — Reflecting on the Passing of Nelson Mandela
- Victory Is Possible Against All Odds – Nelson Mandela Presente!
- 44 years after Fred Hampton’s murder, the struggle continues
- Help the people and communities affected by typhoon Yolanda
- “Uh-Oh, Instead of Defeating Us They Made Us Defiant”
- “Keep Your Dirty Lights On”
- Stop the Militarization of CUNY in Its Tracks!
- The War Drive Against Syria Has Been Stalled—Let’s Stop It Cold!
- More on California’s prisoner hunger strike
- Birth justice now! Midwifery and traditional childbirthing in oppressed communities
- Bending Toward Justice: Marching on Washington
- The Myth of the Middle Class: Who are the Working Class?
- “When we fight, we win!” Talking about Jackson and the Chokwe Lumumba campaign
- No More Zimmermans: Reflections from a Teacher, Uncle, and Activist
- California prisoners on hunger strike: what it’s about and what you can do
- Supporters of Hunger Striking Prisoners Rally at Gates of Central Valley Prison
- A Time of Outrage: Statement on the Murder of Trayvon Martin and the Acquittal of George Zimmerman
- Somebody “Fixin’ to be Killed” – A review of We Will Shoot Back: Armed Resistance in the Mississippi Freedom Movement
- Zimmerman and the hunting of Black Folks
Most Popular Tagsactivists american black bush city class color communist freedom immigrants iraq labor left life man military movement movements occupation organization organizations party people poem political revolution revolutionary rights road social socialism socialist state stone struggle time union war white women work workers world year years
What we’re reading
Tag Archives: freedom
Membership in Freedom Road Socialist Organization: Members of the Freedom Road Socialist Organization are involved in a wide range of organizations in many aspects of the people’s struggles. We are in immigrant workers’ centers and labor unions and rank and … Continue reading
The death earlier this year of Ted Allen, author of The Invention of the White Race and seminal theorist of white privilege, has brought new attention to his life and work. Freedom Road Magazine (Online) offers the following three diverse … Continue reading
To understand what the Freedom Road Socialist Organization / Organización Socialista del Camino para la Libertad (FRSO/OSCL) is all about, our organization’s name provides a useful starting point. Let’s break it down.
After a short hiatus (which seemed awfully long, given the pace of developments in the the Mideast), Stan Goff's Military Matters column is back. Stan had been putting finishing touches on his forthcoming book about the US military since 9/11, … Continue reading
Poem of the Week3/18/01-3/24/01 For Joe Magarac—Steelworker Can they lock earth's workers from you and me,stop this freedom kiss they send through airpast each frontier? jail the need we sharewith builders in every land–to be free not a day, not … Continue reading
Introducing Freedom Road Socialist Organization The Freedom Road Socialist Organization / Organización Socialista del Camino para la Libertad (FRSO/OSCL) is pleased to present the inaugural issue of our new magazine. We want to spell out here the goals of the … Continue reading
For Mumia So you say, at least this period has passed, they lostWe must kill him, He must payThe words he spoke taught too muchShed the light, Exposed the TruthWE WANT HIS FREEDOM ANY-WAY Of course the power remains the … Continue reading