Do your part to advance the struggle today! Donations are not tax-deductible, but they do go a long way toward supporting our work. Click the button below to make it happen. (Donations will appear on your bank or credit card statement as Forward Motion.)
- Suspected for Being Black
- Hip Hop and Ferguson
- Protests erupt in Missouri after another police murder
- Take action now for Palestine!
- Stand up for Palestine!
- Karega Hart, presente!
- The Revolution in Rojava
- What Goes Around Comes Around
- Cesar Chavez, the Movie
- Chokwe: Reflections on a Fallen Warrior
- A Note to Socialist Union Staffers: Build Working Class Power!
- Fast Food Workers: Giving Juice to a Revived Living Wage Movement
- Official Slogans for Comrade Valentine’s Day 2014
- Bridging the Chasm between Environmental and Economic Justice: A Conversation with Bill Fletcher and Bill Gallegos
- Appreciating what’s been said: Reflections on Amiri Baraka
- Now that Madiba is Dead…
- Overcoming ‘Overburden’: The Climate Crisis and a Unified Left Agenda
- “Remember, Struggle and Be Transformed by the Struggle!” — Reflecting on the Passing of Nelson Mandela
- Victory Is Possible Against All Odds – Nelson Mandela Presente!
- 44 years after Fred Hampton’s murder, the struggle continues
- Help the people and communities affected by typhoon Yolanda
- “Uh-Oh, Instead of Defeating Us They Made Us Defiant”
- “Keep Your Dirty Lights On”
- Stop the Militarization of CUNY in Its Tracks!
- The War Drive Against Syria Has Been Stalled—Let’s Stop It Cold!
Most Popular Tagsactivists american black bush city class color communist freedom immigrants iraq labor left life man military movement movements occupation organization organizations party people poem political revolution revolutionary rights road social socialism socialist state stone struggle time union war white women work workers world year years
What we’re reading
Tag Archives: color
Redefining Success: the Whiteness of Politics in the Global Justice Movement In the growing resistance to capitalism within the United States, many white activists consider Seattle as the "beginning of a movement" and gauge anti-capitalist work using Seattle as the … Continue reading
[This article is excerpted from a longer, more detailed piece by the author.] In the first days after the 9/11 attacks, phone and email networks hummed as the first planning meetings were held, the first tentative vigils began. The base … Continue reading
Strengthening the New Movement Seattle was da bomb. Mere months ago a new movement exploded onto the scene with N30. It blew consternation into the hearts of the rich and powerful and it put a new song on the lips … Continue reading
Looking for reasons why the Great Battle was so white "I was at the jail where a lot of protesters were being held and a big crowd of people was chanting 'This Is What Democra cy Looks Like!' At first … Continue reading
Global issues activate local people. . . As in other parts of the country, after the anti-WTO demonstrations in Seattle, folks in Boston got excited and got moving. The few folks that went, such as a contingent from the International … Continue reading
In recognition of the overwhelming whiteness of the new movement against imperialism that got its media debut last fall in Seattle, activists of color are coming together to consciously change the face of the movement. As we change the look … Continue reading