Do your part to advance the struggle today! Donations are not tax-deductible, but they do go a long way toward supporting our work. Click the button below to make it happen. (Donations will appear on your bank or credit card statement as Forward Motion.)
- Stand up for Palestine!
- Karega Hart, presente!
- The Revolution in Rojava
- What Goes Around Comes Around
- Cesar Chavez, the Movie
- Chokwe: Reflections on a Fallen Warrior
- A Note to Socialist Union Staffers: Build Working Class Power!
- Fast Food Workers: Giving Juice to a Revived Living Wage MovementFast Food Workers: Giving juice to a revived Living Wage Movement
- Official Slogans for Comrade Valentine’s Day 2014Esloganes oficiales del Dia del Camarada Valentin de 2014
- Bridging the Chasm between Environmental and Economic Justice: A Conversation with Bill Fletcher and Bill Gallegos
- Appreciating what’s been said: Reflections on Amiri Baraka
- Now that Madiba is Dead…
- Overcoming ‘Overburden’: The Climate Crisis and a Unified Left Agenda
- “Remember, Struggle and Be Transformed by the Struggle!” — Reflecting on the Passing of Nelson Mandela
- Victory Is Possible Against All Odds – Nelson Mandela Presente!
- 44 years after Fred Hampton’s murder, the struggle continues
- Help the people and communities affected by typhoon Yolanda
- “Uh-Oh, Instead of Defeating Us They Made Us Defiant”
- “Keep Your Dirty Lights On”
- Stop the Militarization of CUNY in Its Tracks!
- The War Drive Against Syria Has Been Stalled—Let’s Stop It Cold!
- More on California’s prisoner hunger strike
- Birth justice now! Midwifery and traditional childbirthing in oppressed communities
- Bending Toward Justice: Marching on Washington
- The Myth of the Middle Class: Who are the Working Class?
Most Popular Tagsactivists american black bush city class color communist freedom immigrants iraq labor left life man military movement movements occupation organization organizations party people poem political revolution revolutionary rights road social socialism socialist state stone struggle time union war white women work workers world year years
What we’re reading
Tag Archives: city
Capital vs. the People in Urban Terrain The stimulus money funneled down through federal and then state channels to our cities is of course taxpayer money. It remains to be seen how these huge amounts of money will be spent … Continue reading
It was in the year of the strike.The city lay, a patient stripped of coverings,in the landscape.Fever dreams of birds long flown south.Now the streets exploded with people.They were hungry, and worse; they’d had enoughof war.Their leaders waved slogansand we,we … Continue reading
Poem of the Week9/30/01-10/6/01 My City What if life were longand eternity short? In my city innocent peopleare killed by a thunderousterror from above. Vendorsin the street are pummeledby rubble. Men and womenon their way to work are greetedwith the … Continue reading
Poem of the Week5/6/01-5/12/01 News From miles awaythe wholecity glows withthe supper of neonit eats everynight. And the warburns on, the glow over the cityfed by that white heat. Ourcandlelit meals, flecks of goldin the winefeed on that glow;our easy … Continue reading
In the spring of 2000, a shock hit residents of Philadelphia's Chinatown. Out of the blue, the City pegged our neighborhood as their intended site for a new baseball stadium. In response, the Chinatown community came together to fight the … Continue reading
The Call Download this piece as a PDF