Do your part to advance the struggle today! Donations are not tax-deductible, but they do go a long way toward supporting our work. Click the button below to make it happen. (Donations will appear on your bank or credit card statement as Forward Motion.)
- Hip Hop and Ferguson
- Protests erupt in Missouri after another police murder
- Take action now for Palestine!
- Stand up for Palestine!
- Karega Hart, presente!
- The Revolution in Rojava
- What Goes Around Comes Around
- Cesar Chavez, the Movie
- Chokwe: Reflections on a Fallen Warrior
- A Note to Socialist Union Staffers: Build Working Class Power!
- Fast Food Workers: Giving Juice to a Revived Living Wage Movement
- Official Slogans for Comrade Valentine’s Day 2014
- Bridging the Chasm between Environmental and Economic Justice: A Conversation with Bill Fletcher and Bill Gallegos
- Appreciating what’s been said: Reflections on Amiri Baraka
- Now that Madiba is Dead…
- Overcoming ‘Overburden’: The Climate Crisis and a Unified Left Agenda
- “Remember, Struggle and Be Transformed by the Struggle!” — Reflecting on the Passing of Nelson Mandela
- Victory Is Possible Against All Odds – Nelson Mandela Presente!
- 44 years after Fred Hampton’s murder, the struggle continues
- Help the people and communities affected by typhoon Yolanda
- “Uh-Oh, Instead of Defeating Us They Made Us Defiant”
- “Keep Your Dirty Lights On”
- Stop the Militarization of CUNY in Its Tracks!
- The War Drive Against Syria Has Been Stalled—Let’s Stop It Cold!
- More on California’s prisoner hunger strike
Most Popular Tagsactivists american black bush city class color communist freedom immigrants iraq labor left life man military movement movements occupation organization organizations party people poem political revolution revolutionary rights road social socialism socialist state stone struggle time union war white women work workers world year years
What we’re reading
Tag Archives: black
As I write this article, the No on Proposition 8 campaign has conceded after most of the final absentee ballots have been counted. Prop 8 on the California ballot redefines the CA constitution and strips away the right of same-sex … Continue reading
"Power never takes a back step–only in the face of more power." "Dr. King wants the same thing I want–Freedom." –Malcolm X On what would have been Malcolm's eighty-third birthday, it is appropriate that we speak to the urgency for … Continue reading
Dockworkers in Charleston, South Carolina Are direct descendants of Africa and Slavery Unloading the ships Moving the cargo from all over the world Stocking the warehouses Flexed muscles Tight backs Tired knees But their spirit remains strong Dockworkers, a stable … Continue reading
fallen M & M’s children fetching the hard candy men on one side, women and children, (and sometimes fathers) the other “Number One in Security Professionals Make a Difference” black shiny bubbles, eyes on the ceiling, big brother watches black … Continue reading
The Second Anniversary of Hurricane Katrina finds the Gulf Coast still in a devastated state with tens of thousands or Katrina survivors unable to return to any sense of normalcy. The response to the horrendous damage done by the winds … Continue reading
Baseball celebrated one of its most iconic figures ever during the recent 60th anniversary of Jackie Robinson’s step onto the dusty field of the Brooklyn Dodgers stadium. Robinson and his family made tall sacrifices in order to be a part … Continue reading
Sanjulo and me. Our political histories were very similar. Our political paths were both parallel and intersecting. Our first serious involvement came as black students from working-class neighborhoods. We were searching for our cultural and political identity and our place … Continue reading
Speech delivered by Ajamu Dillahunt, for Black Workers for Justice, to a rally of 10,000 demanding Justice for Immigrants in Siler City, NC on April 10, 2006. Translated from the Spanish. Good Evening. I bring you greetings from the Black … Continue reading
Download this piece as a PDF
STOP the Execution of Mumia Abu-Jamal! FREEDOM ROAD SOCIALIST ORGANIZATION The struggle to save Mumia Abu-Jamal is intensifying. On one side, the clock is ticking: for the second time, an execution warrant signed by Pennsylvania Gov. Ridge has been set … Continue reading