Do your part to advance the struggle today! Donations are not tax-deductible, but they do go a long way toward supporting our work. Click the button below to make it happen. (Donations will appear on your bank or credit card statement as Forward Motion.)
- Whites Protest in Solidarity with Black Youth in Ferguson
- Reparations: What’s the Idea of an African-American Nation Got to Do with It?
- Reflections On Ferguson, One Month On: Heroism, Lessons, What Next?
- Suspected for Being Black
- Hip Hop and Ferguson
- Protests erupt in Missouri after another police murder
- Take action now for Palestine!
- Stand up for Palestine!
- Karega Hart, presente!
- The Revolution in Rojava
- What Goes Around Comes Around
- Cesar Chavez, the Movie
- Chokwe: Reflections on a Fallen Warrior
- A Note to Socialist Union Staffers: Build Working Class Power!
- Fast Food Workers: Giving Juice to a Revived Living Wage Movement
- Official Slogans for Comrade Valentine’s Day 2014
- Bridging the Chasm between Environmental and Economic Justice: A Conversation with Bill Fletcher and Bill Gallegos
- Appreciating what’s been said: Reflections on Amiri Baraka
- Now that Madiba is Dead…
- Overcoming ‘Overburden': The Climate Crisis and a Unified Left Agenda
- “Remember, Struggle and Be Transformed by the Struggle!” — Reflecting on the Passing of Nelson Mandela
- Victory Is Possible Against All Odds – Nelson Mandela Presente!
- 44 years after Fred Hampton’s murder, the struggle continues
- Help the people and communities affected by typhoon Yolanda
- “Uh-Oh, Instead of Defeating Us They Made Us Defiant”
Most Popular Tagsactivists american black bush city class color communist freedom immigrants iraq labor left life man military movement movements occupation organization organizations party people poem political revolution revolutionary rights road social socialism socialist state stone struggle time union war white women work workers world year years
What we’re reading
Category Archives: US Left & Left Refoundation
Chokwe Lumumba has shaken up the political establishment in Jackson, Mississippi with his success in two elections in a row. Now he is on the edge of becoming mayor, and the time is now to make every effort to support … Continue reading
This important and long-awaited summation was originally published on BlackCommentator.com. “No one said it would be easy.” Preface: “…Where is the BRC when we need it?” We have heard this question over the years from Black activists from one side of the … Continue reading
The US Social Forum is the largest gathering of social movement forces in the United States. In 2007, the first US Social Forum was held in Atlanta. That meeting led to the formation of a number of national networks that … Continue reading
I very recently spoke with an old friend who is one of the peace and solidarity activists in the Midwest being targeted by the FBI and a Federal Grand Jury. Like many of us, I have been following the case … Continue reading
“So let’s all be careful that we don’t play the bosses’ game by falling for the Red scare. Let’s stand by our union and fellow unionists. No union man, worthy of the name, will play the bosses’ game. Some may … Continue reading
Feel overwhelmed by the huge number of events and workshops happening at the US Social Forum? So were we! So we put our heads together and came up with a list of recommendations. If you’re at the Forum and want … Continue reading
Coming to the US Social Forum? Then let us show you where it’s at! Check us out at the following spots. Freedom Road/OSCL table at the USSF: Drop by and chat it up with our fab people, check out our … Continue reading
Introduction This past August, two hundred self-identified revolutionaries gathered in Chicago for the Revolutionary Work In Our Times (RWIOT) Strategic Dialogue. Like the 2007 USSF workshop that sparked RWIOT and last year’s RWIOT Summer School, the driving force behind this … Continue reading