Do your part to advance the struggle today! Donations are not tax-deductible, but they do go a long way toward supporting our work. Click the button below to make it happen. (Donations will appear on your bank or credit card statement as Forward Motion.)
- A Herstory of the #BlackLivesMatter Movement
- The Day After: Protests from Coast to Coast after Killer Cop Goes Free
- Terror … and Racial Terror
- In honor of Jamala Rogers
- Whites Protest in Solidarity with Black Youth in Ferguson
- Reparations: What’s the Idea of an African-American Nation Got to Do with It?
- Reflections On Ferguson, One Month On: Heroism, Lessons, What Next?
- Suspected for Being Black
- Hip Hop and Ferguson
- Protests erupt in Missouri after another police murder
- Take action now for Palestine!
- Stand up for Palestine!
- Karega Hart, presente!
- The Revolution in Rojava
- What Goes Around Comes Around
- Cesar Chavez, the Movie
- Chokwe: Reflections on a Fallen Warrior
- A Note to Socialist Union Staffers: Build Working Class Power!
- Fast Food Workers: Giving Juice to a Revived Living Wage Movement
- Official Slogans for Comrade Valentine’s Day 2014
- Bridging the Chasm between Environmental and Economic Justice: A Conversation with Bill Fletcher and Bill Gallegos
- Appreciating what’s been said: Reflections on Amiri Baraka
- Now that Madiba is Dead…
- Overcoming ‘Overburden': The Climate Crisis and a Unified Left Agenda
- “Remember, Struggle and Be Transformed by the Struggle!” — Reflecting on the Passing of Nelson Mandela
Most Popular Tagsactivists american black bush city class color communist freedom immigrants iraq labor left life man military movement movements occupation organization organizations party people poem political revolution revolutionary rights road social socialism socialist state stone struggle time union war white women work workers world year years
What we’re reading
Category Archives: The Tasks Ahead
Every three years, members of Freedom Road Socialist Organization/Organización Socialista del Camino para la Libertad come together to develop a strategic direction for the coming period. The decision about our strategic orientation follows a summation of our previous work, considerable … Continue reading
“Capitalism has no answers that humanity can afford to accept.” Preface: The following are a set of theses which summarize what we—the NEC—believe to be the central components of the present conjuncture or moment. This is being written in this … Continue reading
I know what you’re thinking: Capitalism’s a hot mess. Obama’s selling the people out. War on the Middle East wages on. We’re still a small Left, so how will things ever change? It will not be an easy road but … Continue reading
Every three years, Freedom Road Socialist Organization / Organización Socialista del Camino para la Libertad develops a strategy for a new period. The strategy is developed based on the political conditions and main challenges we face in the period, summation … Continue reading
Let's Get to Work – A New Year's Message from the Freedom Road Socialist Organization Download this piece as a PDF
The after-shocks of 9-11 continue to expose and deepen the instability which underlay "the end of history"– the undisputed US dominance in the 1990s of a world run according to the principles of market economics and bourgeois electoral politics. Bidding … Continue reading
1. The main task right now is building a movement against US military action in response to the savage attack of 9/11. Such action promises the death and suffering of men, women and children as innocent as those in the … Continue reading