Do your part to advance the struggle today! Donations are not tax-deductible, but they do go a long way toward supporting our work. Click the button below to make it happen. (Donations will appear on your bank or credit card statement as Forward Motion.)
- In honor of Jamala Rogers
- Whites Protest in Solidarity with Black Youth in Ferguson
- Reparations: What’s the Idea of an African-American Nation Got to Do with It?
- Reflections On Ferguson, One Month On: Heroism, Lessons, What Next?
- Suspected for Being Black
- Hip Hop and Ferguson
- Protests erupt in Missouri after another police murder
- Take action now for Palestine!
- Stand up for Palestine!
- Karega Hart, presente!
- The Revolution in Rojava
- What Goes Around Comes Around
- Cesar Chavez, the Movie
- Chokwe: Reflections on a Fallen Warrior
- A Note to Socialist Union Staffers: Build Working Class Power!
- Fast Food Workers: Giving Juice to a Revived Living Wage Movement
- Official Slogans for Comrade Valentine’s Day 2014
- Bridging the Chasm between Environmental and Economic Justice: A Conversation with Bill Fletcher and Bill Gallegos
- Appreciating what’s been said: Reflections on Amiri Baraka
- Now that Madiba is Dead…
- Overcoming ‘Overburden': The Climate Crisis and a Unified Left Agenda
- “Remember, Struggle and Be Transformed by the Struggle!” — Reflecting on the Passing of Nelson Mandela
- Victory Is Possible Against All Odds – Nelson Mandela Presente!
- 44 years after Fred Hampton’s murder, the struggle continues
- Help the people and communities affected by typhoon Yolanda
Most Popular Tagsactivists american black bush city class color communist freedom immigrants iraq labor left life man military movement movements occupation organization organizations party people poem political revolution revolutionary rights road social socialism socialist state stone struggle time union war white women work workers world year years
What we’re reading
Category Archives: Intersecting Oppressions
When Robert Caldwell gently — and correctly — criticized our article “Introducing Idle No More” for slighting the question of First Nations sovereignty, it became obvious what the follow-up article should be. We asked Robert and two other old friends … Continue reading
Today we are publishing this introduction to the Idle No More movement, as well as a collection of reports of solidarity actions and statements from the movement. One of the most exciting and important developments in the people’s struggle in … Continue reading
Today we published a piece introducing the Idle No More movement. Here we post some reports from some of the thousands of solidarity actions that have taken place worldwide, and some statements from the movement and other First Nations voices … Continue reading
Intersections: two talks on the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer movement and the fight against patriarchy. The discussion of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgendered and Questioning (LGBTQ) movement concerns a movement of profound difference that in and of itself is … Continue reading
Intersections: two talks on the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer movement and the fight against patriarchy. When these presentations were originally made at the 2003 Congress of the Freedom Road Socialist Organization / Organización Socialista del Camino para la Libertad … Continue reading