- Juneteenth: A Look at the Past to Find Our Way Forward
- Primero de Mayo en los Tiempos de Trump Ir Más Allá de la Resistencia para Construir Poder Político y Organización
- Chokwe Antar Lumumba for Mayor of Jackson!
- May Day in the Time of Trump: Going Beyond Resistance to Build Political Power and Organization
- Black Lives Matter Across The World, Reflections from My London Trip
- Talking points on the Trump disaster, the New Confederacy and the Left
- Mni Wiconi! “Water is Life!” A Solidarity Statement by FRSO/OSCL
- Meizhu Lui receives 2016 Asset Builder Champion Award
- ¡Derrotar Trump! By Zancudo
- Crush Trump! Build Our Movements!
- “A Vision for Black Lives: Policy Demands for Black Power, Freedom, & Justice” by Movement for Black Lives
- A Letter from Our National Organizer
- BLACK POWER IS THE SOLUTION FRSO/OSCL Statement on Black Movement, Police Violence, and the Dallas Shootings
- FRSO / OSCL Statement on the Orlando Massacre
- May Day in a Time of Increasing Political Polarization: Some Thoughts on This Moment & the Road Ahead
- Statement of Freedom Road’s National Executive Committee on the Death of Tim Thomas
- You’ve Got To Keep That Anger Inside You Smoldering
- Official Slogans for Comrade Valentine’s Day 2016
- Cotton: The Fabric of Death
- Remembering Richard Levins’ Contributions to Forward Motion
- Richard Levins (1930-2016): Farewell to a Mentor
- Wait a Minute! Two Obamas?
- Interview with Bill Gallegos
- Dialogue with Barbara Ehrenreich – Connecting White Privilege and White Death?
- Button Up! #13 – Hands Up! Don’t Shoot!
Category Archives: Gender & Sexuality
This week reactionaries in Texas are trying again to force through a vile anti-woman abortion bill. So we are reprinting this story from Anne Lewis (first posted at the Rag Blog). She was present at the Texas statehouse and took … Continue reading
Read more about the history of International Women’s Day here. Download this piece as a PDF
Happy International Women’s Day! On this important day, spend some time with the playlist posted by the Fuckin’ Loudest Asians in honor and celebration of all proletarian and oppressed-nationality women. And check out marxasm: revolutionary study on gender and queer … Continue reading
October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month. As a communist who has been working as a domestic violence hotline counselor for two years, I believe it is incredibly challenging but also imperative that we bring domestic violence into the public sphere. … Continue reading
This month we’re posting book reviews which raise key political questions we want to highlight. To start us off, Jody Sokolower graciously allowed us to reprint her review on Margaret Randall’s Gathering Rage, which raises the intersection of feminism and … Continue reading
Two comrades from FRSO/OSCL sat down to discuss their thoughts around gender liberation and socialism. The interview is part of our work on the oppressed gender commission, as we draft new line taking into consideration new thinking around gender liberation … Continue reading
From Appalachia to Cancún, the common thread in the environmental/environmental justice movements are that oppressed-gender people are at the very front of these frontline struggles. Throughout my organizing experiences, in Hamilton County and the town of Dickson, Tennessee, in Central … Continue reading
A few days ago, Dwight DeLee was found guilt of 1st degree manslaughter as a hate crime. He shot and killed transgender woman Lateisha Green. He was only the second person convicted of a hate crime for the killing of … Continue reading
a brief incomplete radical LGBTQ movement history The Stonewall rebellion, which took place on June 28th, 1969, was the opening salvo of a radicalization of the gay liberation movement. The New York City police, in an attempt to shut … Continue reading
As I write this article, the No on Proposition 8 campaign has conceded after most of the final absentee ballots have been counted. Prop 8 on the California ballot redefines the CA constitution and strips away the right of same-sex … Continue reading