Do your part to advance the struggle today! Donations are not tax-deductible, but they do go a long way toward supporting our work. Click the button below to make it happen. (Donations will appear on your bank or credit card statement as Forward Motion.)
- The Courthouse Raid at Tierra Amarilla: Remembering Reies Lopez Tijerina
- Three Internationalist Victories: A Bulletin From Latin America
- Button Up! #4 – King As Icon
- Button Up! #3 – One for MLK
- Button Up #2: Eric Garner
- Button Up! I Do, And Maybe You Should Too
- #BlackLivesMatter: graphics for the struggle
- A Herstory of the #BlackLivesMatter Movement
- The Day After: Protests from Coast to Coast after Killer Cop Goes Free
- Terror … and Racial Terror
- In honor of Jamala Rogers
- Whites Protest in Solidarity with Black Youth in Ferguson
- Reparations: What’s the Idea of an African-American Nation Got to Do with It?
- Reflections On Ferguson, One Month On: Heroism, Lessons, What Next?
- Suspected for Being Black
- Hip Hop and Ferguson
- Protests erupt in Missouri after another police murder
- Take action now for Palestine!
- Stand up for Palestine!
- Karega Hart, presente!
- The Revolution in Rojava
- What Goes Around Comes Around
- Cesar Chavez, the Movie
- Chokwe: Reflections on a Fallen Warrior
- A Note to Socialist Union Staffers: Build Working Class Power!
Most Popular Tagsactivists american black bush city class color communist freedom immigrants iraq labor left life man military movement movements occupation organization organizations party people poem political revolution revolutionary rights road social socialism socialist state stone struggle time union war white women work workers world year years
Category Archives: Electoral Strategy
Since April North Carolina has made national and international news with a remarkable social movement that has gathered thousands to protest, with nearly 1,000 arrests for civil disobedience. The Forward Together Movement, led by the North Carolina NAACP, showed up at the … Continue reading
Ash-Lee Henderson participated in a Freedom Road Socialist Organization delegation to Jackson, Mississippi to support the Lumumba campaign during the Democratic Primary in May 2013. Both members and friends of Freedom Road participated in canvassing, poll-watching, sign holding and other … Continue reading
While revolutionaries and progressives celebrate Chokwe Lumumba’s election as mayor of Jackson, Mississippi, we also continue studying its significance and lessons. This essay by Bob Wing contributes important detail and analysis about Jackson and about Lumumba’s campaign. Chokwe Lumumba–a founder and leader … Continue reading
A significant political breakthrough happened on Tuesday, June 4 when Chokwe Lumumba was elected mayor of Jackson, Mississippi. As we wrote before, Chokwe ran for mayor on a radical people’s platform. The political establishment tried everything to stop him at … Continue reading
Chokwe Lumumba has shaken up the political establishment in Jackson, Mississippi with his success in two elections in a row. Now he is on the edge of becoming mayor, and the time is now to make every effort to support … Continue reading
My fair state has done it again. We are officially the biggest bully when it comes to voter intimidation and use of force, by any means necessary. Where else but in Florida do we get to have voting disrupted on … Continue reading
This article is republished from Black Commentator with the author’s permission. In St. Louis, I remember vividly a community workshop put on by The Justice Institute to assess President Obama’s first 100 days. JI is a progressive organizing and training … Continue reading
Many of us awoke the morning of November 3rd to the crowing of mainstream media: it was, as they had predicted, a landslide victory for Republicans on this year’s midterm elections. Some pundits, even those on NPR, intimated that the … Continue reading
I finally watched The Motorcycle Diaries. Maybe you've seen it too. It's that Focus Features indie where a very fresh-faced, hot, Gael Garcia Bernal-looking Che Guevara rides a shitty motorcycle through South America in 1945. Along the way he crashes … Continue reading