- Primero de Mayo en los Tiempos de Trump Ir Más Allá de la Resistencia para Construir Poder Político y Organización
- Chokwe Antar Lumumba for Mayor of Jackson!
- May Day in the Time of Trump: Going Beyond Resistance to Build Political Power and Organization
- Black Lives Matter Across The World, Reflections from My London Trip
- Talking points on the Trump disaster, the New Confederacy and the Left
- Mni Wiconi! “Water is Life!” A Solidarity Statement by FRSO/OSCL
- Meizhu Lui receives 2016 Asset Builder Champion Award
- ¡Derrotar Trump! By Zancudo
- Crush Trump! Build Our Movements!
- “A Vision for Black Lives: Policy Demands for Black Power, Freedom, & Justice” by Movement for Black Lives
- A Letter from Our National Organizer
- BLACK POWER IS THE SOLUTION FRSO/OSCL Statement on Black Movement, Police Violence, and the Dallas Shootings
- FRSO / OSCL Statement on the Orlando Massacre
- May Day in a Time of Increasing Political Polarization: Some Thoughts on This Moment & the Road Ahead
- Statement of Freedom Road’s National Executive Committee on the Death of Tim Thomas
- You’ve Got To Keep That Anger Inside You Smoldering
- Official Slogans for Comrade Valentine’s Day 2016
- Cotton: The Fabric of Death
- Remembering Richard Levins’ Contributions to Forward Motion
- Richard Levins (1930-2016): Farewell to a Mentor
- Wait a Minute! Two Obamas?
- Interview with Bill Gallegos
- Dialogue with Barbara Ehrenreich – Connecting White Privilege and White Death?
- Button Up! #13 – Hands Up! Don’t Shoot!
- Button Up! #12 – Columbus Was Lost
Category Archives: Ecological Crisis
The FRSO/OSCL Ecology Work Team has developed these principles to help us assess the wide range of on-the-ground projects that are being done to advance eco-justice work and/or to build “sustainable” or “regenerative” economies. These principles were first identified at … Continue reading
Let us not, however, flatter ourselves overmuch on account of our human victories over nature. For each such victory nature takes its revenge on us. Each victory, it is true, in the first place brings about the results we expected, … Continue reading
All life on this planet is at a crossroads. Science, as well as our everyday experience, tells us so. The mass disappearance of bees, rising food prices, a lack of healthy jobs, and the privatization and decreasing access to clean, … Continue reading
Our comrades on the Ecology Work Team have sent us this excellent piece on permaculture at the Occupy Wall Street protests. While Zuccotti Park may not be occupied at the moment, there are nonetheless many lessons here. Confrontation of the … Continue reading
The following is a trailer for a soon-to-be-released 28-minute video called A Darker Shade of Green: REDD Alert and the Future of Forests which looks at the potential impact of the Reduce Emissions from Deforestation and Degradation on indigenous communities … Continue reading
Introduction As the world careens towards an uncertain future, this much is certain: if a genuine revolutionary alternative to capitalism is not realized, we may witness the emergence and dominance of a global regime of horrendous barbarism, the end-of-days festival … Continue reading
As a follow-up to last month’s article, here’s a slideshow of the March on Blair Mountain. Enjoy! Appalachia Rising: March on Blair Mountain Download this piece as a PDF
To understand the importance of the March on Blair Mountain requires an understanding of the history of the place. For me it is personal. My mother was born at Freeze Fork Camp on the Logan County slope of Blair Mountain. … Continue reading
Last year, as a member of Freedom Road Socialist Organization (FRSO/OSCL), I was fortunate to be one of 26 people to participate in a two-week class, designed and led by Movement Generation (MG) and the Occidental Arts and Ecology Center … Continue reading
Attempting to describe the wonder that was Julia “Judy” Bonds to someone who hasn’t experienced her overwhelming energy is nearly impossible. Whether she was exuding encouragement and kindness to loved ones in the movement to end mountaintop removal coalmining, hyping … Continue reading