- Primero de Mayo en los Tiempos de Trump Ir Más Allá de la Resistencia para Construir Poder Político y Organización
- Chokwe Antar Lumumba for Mayor of Jackson!
- May Day in the Time of Trump: Going Beyond Resistance to Build Political Power and Organization
- Black Lives Matter Across The World, Reflections from My London Trip
- Talking points on the Trump disaster, the New Confederacy and the Left
- Mni Wiconi! “Water is Life!” A Solidarity Statement by FRSO/OSCL
- Meizhu Lui receives 2016 Asset Builder Champion Award
- ¡Derrotar Trump! By Zancudo
- Crush Trump! Build Our Movements!
- “A Vision for Black Lives: Policy Demands for Black Power, Freedom, & Justice” by Movement for Black Lives
- A Letter from Our National Organizer
- BLACK POWER IS THE SOLUTION FRSO/OSCL Statement on Black Movement, Police Violence, and the Dallas Shootings
- FRSO / OSCL Statement on the Orlando Massacre
- May Day in a Time of Increasing Political Polarization: Some Thoughts on This Moment & the Road Ahead
- Statement of Freedom Road’s National Executive Committee on the Death of Tim Thomas
- You’ve Got To Keep That Anger Inside You Smoldering
- Official Slogans for Comrade Valentine’s Day 2016
- Cotton: The Fabric of Death
- Remembering Richard Levins’ Contributions to Forward Motion
- Richard Levins (1930-2016): Farewell to a Mentor
- Wait a Minute! Two Obamas?
- Interview with Bill Gallegos
- Dialogue with Barbara Ehrenreich – Connecting White Privilege and White Death?
- Button Up! #13 – Hands Up! Don’t Shoot!
- Button Up! #12 – Columbus Was Lost
Category Archives: Our History
The essay "Some Lessons from the Family Tree of the New Communist Movement" makes several good points. But in the end it is disappointing. The main problem is that it doesn't grapple with the specific ideological outlook that defined the … Continue reading
Introducing the O.R.U. The members of the Committee for a Proletarian Party (CPP) and the Communist Organization, Bay Area (COBA) are pleased to announce that we have completed the merger of the two groups. Our new name is the Organization … Continue reading
The Proletarian Unity League: Where We Came From, What We Look Like, What We Do One of the biggest problems for Marxist-Leninists in the ’70s was “tunnel vision,” causing people to see only what was right in front of them. … Continue reading
The following exchange was initiated when Max Elbaum was invited to respond to the short essay by Dennis O’Neil posted with the family tree of FRSO and the US new communist movement of the 1970s. After a long delay, Dennis … Continue reading
Our younger comrades and other young revolutionaries of the present day who check out the family tree of the new communist movement tend to be either fascinated or appalled, or both. They see legendary organizations they've heard of or read … Continue reading
What Is This Thing? First, this family tree is a work in progress. So is the movement it maps. The tree centers on the organizational history of our group, the Freedom Road Socialist Organization. To put that history in context, … Continue reading
Welcome, Freedom Road Revolutionary unity is always precious, often elusive, and over the years U.S. socialists have had a good deal of trouble building and preserving it. The Marxist-Leninist movement of the early '70s, which initially showed great promise but … Continue reading
The merger statement of the Committee for a Proletarian Party (CPP) and the Communist Organization, Bay Area (COBA), March 1983 Download this piece as a PDF