Do your part to advance the struggle today! Donations are not tax-deductible, but they do go a long way toward supporting our work. Click the button below to make it happen. (Donations will appear on your bank or credit card statement as Forward Motion.)
- Getting the Picture: Corporate Crime Scene in West, Texas
- Arundhati Roy: Jungles of Resistance
- May Day 2013: Solidarity and struggle around the world
- May 1: Still a world to win!
- “History had me glued to my seat…”
- Creating a Viable Black Left: Sixteen Lessons Learned in Building the Black Radical Congress
- Ecosocialist Conference NYC April 20
- Building the Justice for Alan Blueford campaign: An interview with Jack Bryson
- Justice for Alan Blueford! Hundreds Protest Police Murder in Oakland
- Remembering Margaret Thatcher
- UT-Austin Ponders Privatizing Staff
- ¡Hugo Chávez Presente!
- FRSO/OSCL celebrates International Women’s Day!
- Heartfelt, hard, painful songs of Marikana
- Behind the Dorner Drama: Respond to Police Violence with Individual “Heroism” or Community Action?
- Official Slogans for Comrade Valentine’s Day 2013
- Native American Activists Talk Idle No More
- Unity Statement on Ecological Justice
- Introducing Idle No More
- Idle No More: Bulletins from the Battlefronts
- Linking the Struggles: Amilcar Cabral and his impact and legacy in the Black Liberation Movement (Part 1)
- The racist roots of ‘right to work’ laws
- Blaming the Workers until the Bitter End: Company has a Long History of Not Being the Hostess with the Mostest
- The murder of Fred Hampton
Most Popular Tagsactivists american black bush city class color communist freedom immigrants iraq labor left life man military movement movements occupation organization organizations party people poem political revolution revolutionary rights road social socialism socialist state stone struggle time union war white women work workers world year years
What we’re reading
Category Archives: Students
This report comes to us from the USAS Campus Worker Justice Tour, a series of visits to campuses around the country where students and workers are fighting back against corporate outsourcing and the exploitation of campus workers. Where We’ve Been … Continue reading
This is based on a presentation given by the author on the political economy of his university as part of a workshop on student/worker activism and is printed here in contribution to the rapidly unfolding dialogue around student activism in … Continue reading
Below are a couple of stories and reflections from Freedom Road comrades on political work—or the opportunities for it that were missed—during the most awkward years of our lives: high school. While universities have been the site of some of … Continue reading
On the week of November 16, simmering anger throughout California’s higher education system reached the boiling point. As the University of California Regents met in Los Angeles to approve a 32% tuition increase for UC undergraduates, thousands of students, campus … Continue reading
Students for a Democratic Society is a name well-known, particularly to older generations of activists, as that of the largest radical student organization of the 1960s. Many may be surprised to learn, though, that a new effort has developed to … Continue reading