Do your part to advance the struggle today! Donations are not tax-deductible, but they do go a long way toward supporting our work. Click the button below to make it happen. (Donations will appear on your bank or credit card statement as Forward Motion.)
- Cesar Chavez, the Movie
- Chokwe: Reflections on a Fallen Warrior
- A Note to Socialist Union Staffers: Build Working Class Power!
- Fast Food Workers: Giving Juice to a Revived Living Wage Movement
- Official Slogans for Comrade Valentine’s Day 2014
- Bridging the Chasm between Environmental and Economic Justice: A Conversation with Bill Fletcher and Bill Gallegos
- Appreciating what’s been said: Reflections on Amiri Baraka
- Now that Madiba is Dead…
- Overcoming ‘Overburden’: The Climate Crisis and a Unified Left Agenda
- “Remember, Struggle and Be Transformed by the Struggle!” — Reflecting on the Passing of Nelson Mandela
- Victory Is Possible Against All Odds – Nelson Mandela Presente!
- 44 years after Fred Hampton’s murder, the struggle continues
- Help the people and communities affected by typhoon Yolanda
- “Uh-Oh, Instead of Defeating Us They Made Us Defiant”
- “Keep Your Dirty Lights On”
- Stop the Militarization of CUNY in Its Tracks!
- The War Drive Against Syria Has Been Stalled—Let’s Stop It Cold!
- More on California’s prisoner hunger strike
- Birth justice now! Midwifery and traditional childbirthing in oppressed communities
- Bending Toward Justice: Marching on Washington
- The Myth of the Middle Class: Who are the Working Class?
- “When we fight, we win!” Talking about Jackson and the Chokwe Lumumba campaign
- No More Zimmermans: Reflections from a Teacher, Uncle, and Activist
- California prisoners on hunger strike: what it’s about and what you can do
- Supporters of Hunger Striking Prisoners Rally at Gates of Central Valley Prison
Most Popular Tagsactivists american black bush city class color communist freedom immigrants iraq labor left life man military movement movements occupation organization organizations party people poem political revolution revolutionary rights road social socialism socialist state stone struggle time union war white women work workers world year years
What we’re reading
Category Archives: Students
I’ve been an activist, organizer, and high school teacher who has thought about and worked on questions of race and justice for my entire adult life. Because of that, I’ve seen some things that prepared me for the emotions that … Continue reading
This report comes to us from the USAS Campus Worker Justice Tour, a series of visits to campuses around the country where students and workers are fighting back against corporate outsourcing and the exploitation of campus workers. Where We’ve Been … Continue reading
This is based on a presentation given by the author on the political economy of his university as part of a workshop on student/worker activism and is printed here in contribution to the rapidly unfolding dialogue around student activism in … Continue reading
Below are a couple of stories and reflections from Freedom Road comrades on political work—or the opportunities for it that were missed—during the most awkward years of our lives: high school. While universities have been the site of some of … Continue reading
On the week of November 16, simmering anger throughout California’s higher education system reached the boiling point. As the University of California Regents met in Los Angeles to approve a 32% tuition increase for UC undergraduates, thousands of students, campus … Continue reading
Students for a Democratic Society is a name well-known, particularly to older generations of activists, as that of the largest radical student organization of the 1960s. Many may be surprised to learn, though, that a new effort has developed to … Continue reading