Do your part to advance the struggle today! Donations are not tax-deductible, but they do go a long way toward supporting our work. Click the button below to make it happen. (Donations will appear on your bank or credit card statement as Forward Motion.)
- Stand up for Palestine!
- Karega Hart, presente!
- The Revolution in Rojava
- What Goes Around Comes Around
- Cesar Chavez, the Movie
- Chokwe: Reflections on a Fallen Warrior
- A Note to Socialist Union Staffers: Build Working Class Power!
- Fast Food Workers: Giving Juice to a Revived Living Wage MovementFast Food Workers: Giving juice to a revived Living Wage Movement
- Official Slogans for Comrade Valentine’s Day 2014Esloganes oficiales del Dia del Camarada Valentin de 2014
- Bridging the Chasm between Environmental and Economic Justice: A Conversation with Bill Fletcher and Bill Gallegos
- Appreciating what’s been said: Reflections on Amiri Baraka
- Now that Madiba is Dead…
- Overcoming ‘Overburden’: The Climate Crisis and a Unified Left Agenda
- “Remember, Struggle and Be Transformed by the Struggle!” — Reflecting on the Passing of Nelson Mandela
- Victory Is Possible Against All Odds – Nelson Mandela Presente!
- 44 years after Fred Hampton’s murder, the struggle continues
- Help the people and communities affected by typhoon Yolanda
- “Uh-Oh, Instead of Defeating Us They Made Us Defiant”
- “Keep Your Dirty Lights On”
- Stop the Militarization of CUNY in Its Tracks!
- The War Drive Against Syria Has Been Stalled—Let’s Stop It Cold!
- More on California’s prisoner hunger strike
- Birth justice now! Midwifery and traditional childbirthing in oppressed communities
- Bending Toward Justice: Marching on Washington
- The Myth of the Middle Class: Who are the Working Class?
Most Popular Tagsactivists american black bush city class color communist freedom immigrants iraq labor left life man military movement movements occupation organization organizations party people poem political revolution revolutionary rights road social socialism socialist state stone struggle time union war white women work workers world year years
What we’re reading
Category Archives: Katrina
As we mark the fifth anniversary of Hurricanes Katrina and Rita, we thought it appropriate to join in supporting the Katrina Information Network’s action to halt the awarding of contracts to war and disaster profiteer Halliburton Corporation. Click here to … Continue reading
Join the Fight on the Second Anniversary of KatrinaUnete a la lucha en el segundo aniversario de Katrina
The Second Anniversary of Hurricane Katrina finds the Gulf Coast still in a devastated state with tens of thousands or Katrina survivors unable to return to any sense of normalcy. The response to the horrendous damage done by the winds … Continue reading
Katrina’s devastation is no coincidence. The impacted area is in the middle of the Sunbelt, home of low union density and "right-to-work for less" laws. The planned disenfranchisement of Florida voters in the 2000 election. Huge demographic changes with new … Continue reading
(From tompaine.com) The complete failure of the Bush administration — and to a lesser extent state and local authorities on the Gulf Coast — to respond to the devastation of Hurricane Katrina has raised questions about the motives at play. … Continue reading