Do your part to advance the struggle today! Donations are not tax-deductible, but they do go a long way toward supporting our work. Click the button below to make it happen. (Donations will appear on your bank or credit card statement as Forward Motion.)
- Fast Food Workers: Giving Juice to a Revived Living Wage Movement
- Official Slogans for Comrade Valentine’s Day 2014
- Bridging the Chasm between Environmental and Economic Justice: A Conversation with Bill Fletcher and Bill Gallegos
- Appreciating what’s been said: Reflections on Amiri Baraka
- Now that Madiba is Dead…
- Overcoming ‘Overburden’: The Climate Crisis and a Unified Left Agenda
- “Remember, Struggle and Be Transformed by the Struggle!” — Reflecting on the Passing of Nelson Mandela
- Victory Is Possible Against All Odds – Nelson Mandela Presente!
- 44 years after Fred Hampton’s murder, the struggle continues
- Help the people and communities affected by typhoon Yolanda
- “Uh-Oh, Instead of Defeating Us They Made Us Defiant”
- “Keep Your Dirty Lights On”
- Stop the Militarization of CUNY in Its Tracks!
- The War Drive Against Syria Has Been Stalled—Let’s Stop It Cold!
- More on California’s prisoner hunger strike
- Birth justice now! Midwifery and traditional childbirthing in oppressed communities
- Bending Toward Justice: Marching on Washington
- The Myth of the Middle Class: Who are the Working Class?
- “When we fight, we win!” Talking about Jackson and the Chokwe Lumumba campaign
- No More Zimmermans: Reflections from a Teacher, Uncle, and Activist
- California prisoners on hunger strike: what it’s about and what you can do
- Supporters of Hunger Striking Prisoners Rally at Gates of Central Valley Prison
- A Time of Outrage: Statement on the Murder of Trayvon Martin and the Acquittal of George Zimmerman
- Somebody “Fixin’ to be Killed” – A review of We Will Shoot Back: Armed Resistance in the Mississippi Freedom Movement
- Zimmerman and the hunting of Black Folks
Most Popular Tagsactivists american black bush city class color communist freedom immigrants iraq labor left life man military movement movements occupation organization organizations party people poem political revolution revolutionary rights road social socialism socialist state stone struggle time union war white women work workers world year years
What we’re reading
Category Archives: Education
This piece was originally posted on the blog Fire on the Mountain. New York City high schools have been crazy for the 22 years of my employment as a school social worker. But recently, the convergence of No Child Left … Continue reading
I am a frustrated bilingual education teacher who is exhausted from the waves of assaults on bilingual education. Good educational theory and practices are officially and routinely undermined, while my school district chips away at the bilingual program, shaving it … Continue reading
A presentation to the Bilingual Forum sponsored by the Bilingual Education Committee of the United Teachers Los Angeles on September 16, 2006 The controversy around bilingual education is fundamentally a conflict about language, about democracy, and about social justice. It … Continue reading