Do your part to advance the struggle today! Donations are not tax-deductible, but they do go a long way toward supporting our work. Click the button below to make it happen. (Donations will appear on your bank or credit card statement as Forward Motion.)
- Cesar Chavez, the Movie
- Chokwe: Reflections on a Fallen Warrior
- A Note to Socialist Union Staffers: Build Working Class Power!
- Fast Food Workers: Giving Juice to a Revived Living Wage Movement
- Official Slogans for Comrade Valentine’s Day 2014
- Bridging the Chasm between Environmental and Economic Justice: A Conversation with Bill Fletcher and Bill Gallegos
- Appreciating what’s been said: Reflections on Amiri Baraka
- Now that Madiba is Dead…
- Overcoming ‘Overburden’: The Climate Crisis and a Unified Left Agenda
- “Remember, Struggle and Be Transformed by the Struggle!” — Reflecting on the Passing of Nelson Mandela
- Victory Is Possible Against All Odds – Nelson Mandela Presente!
- 44 years after Fred Hampton’s murder, the struggle continues
- Help the people and communities affected by typhoon Yolanda
- “Uh-Oh, Instead of Defeating Us They Made Us Defiant”
- “Keep Your Dirty Lights On”
- Stop the Militarization of CUNY in Its Tracks!
- The War Drive Against Syria Has Been Stalled—Let’s Stop It Cold!
- More on California’s prisoner hunger strike
- Birth justice now! Midwifery and traditional childbirthing in oppressed communities
- Bending Toward Justice: Marching on Washington
- The Myth of the Middle Class: Who are the Working Class?
- “When we fight, we win!” Talking about Jackson and the Chokwe Lumumba campaign
- No More Zimmermans: Reflections from a Teacher, Uncle, and Activist
- California prisoners on hunger strike: what it’s about and what you can do
- Supporters of Hunger Striking Prisoners Rally at Gates of Central Valley Prison
Most Popular Tagsactivists american black bush city class color communist freedom immigrants iraq labor left life man military movement movements occupation organization organizations party people poem political revolution revolutionary rights road social socialism socialist state stone struggle time union war white women work workers world year years
What we’re reading
Category Archives: Chicano National Movement
I went to see the movie, Cesar Chavez on his birthday, March 31st. I watched and felt a mix of sentiments about it. Being an individual who was partly inspired by Chavez and the United Farm Workers Union (U.F.W.) I felt a certain amount of kinship … Continue reading
Editor’s note: Although originally written in 2003, we thought this piece was appropriate to post to commemorate this year as the 40th anniversary of the Chicano Moratorium. Reprinted with permission. Reflections on the past are always a tricky endeavor. It … Continue reading
This article is excerpted from a speech April 18, 2008, The Brecht Forum, NYC Raul Salinas, born March 17, 1934, passed on February 14, 2008, after years of struggle with a myriad of medical maledictions rooted in growing up under … Continue reading
(Introduction to the pamphlet version of Raza Youth Rise Up: Student Mobilizations in the 1990s) March 2006 saw a stunning eruption of anger and determination by millions of immigrants — undocumented and “legal” alike. We hit the streets in hundreds … Continue reading
Raza Youth Rise Up: Student Mobilizations in the 1990s/La Juventud de la Raza se Levanta: Las Movilizaciones en los 90, the new analysis published by the Oppressed Nationalities Commission of Freedom Road, was posted on this website on August 11, … Continue reading
Published by the Oppressed Nationalities Commission of the Freedom Road Socialist Organization. It has been approximately ten years since the most recent phase of Raza mobilization began here in California. The student walkouts that rocked many northern California high schools … Continue reading