Do your part to advance the struggle today! Donations are not tax-deductible, but they do go a long way toward supporting our work. Click the button below to make it happen. (Donations will appear on your bank or credit card statement as Forward Motion.)
- Getting the Picture: Corporate Crime Scene in West, Texas
- Arundhati Roy: Jungles of Resistance
- May Day 2013: Solidarity and struggle around the world
- May 1: Still a world to win!
- “History had me glued to my seat…”
- Creating a Viable Black Left: Sixteen Lessons Learned in Building the Black Radical Congress
- Ecosocialist Conference NYC April 20
- Building the Justice for Alan Blueford campaign: An interview with Jack Bryson
- Justice for Alan Blueford! Hundreds Protest Police Murder in Oakland
- Remembering Margaret Thatcher
- UT-Austin Ponders Privatizing Staff
- ¡Hugo Chávez Presente!
- FRSO/OSCL celebrates International Women’s Day!
- Heartfelt, hard, painful songs of Marikana
- Behind the Dorner Drama: Respond to Police Violence with Individual “Heroism” or Community Action?
- Official Slogans for Comrade Valentine’s Day 2013
- Native American Activists Talk Idle No More
- Unity Statement on Ecological Justice
- Introducing Idle No More
- Idle No More: Bulletins from the Battlefronts
- Linking the Struggles: Amilcar Cabral and his impact and legacy in the Black Liberation Movement (Part 1)
- The racist roots of ‘right to work’ laws
- Blaming the Workers until the Bitter End: Company has a Long History of Not Being the Hostess with the Mostest
- The murder of Fred Hampton
Most Popular Tagsactivists american black bush city class color communist freedom immigrants iraq labor left life man military movement movements occupation organization organizations party people poem political revolution revolutionary rights road social socialism socialist state stone struggle time union war white women work workers world year years
What we’re reading
Category Archives: Chicano National Movement
Editor’s note: Although originally written in 2003, we thought this piece was appropriate to post to commemorate this year as the 40th anniversary of the Chicano Moratorium. Reprinted with permission. Reflections on the past are always a tricky endeavor. It … Continue reading
This article is excerpted from a speech April 18, 2008, The Brecht Forum, NYC Raul Salinas, born March 17, 1934, passed on February 14, 2008, after years of struggle with a myriad of medical maledictions rooted in growing up under … Continue reading
(Introduction to the pamphlet version of Raza Youth Rise Up: Student Mobilizations in the 1990s) March 2006 saw a stunning eruption of anger and determination by millions of immigrants — undocumented and “legal” alike. We hit the streets in hundreds … Continue reading
Raza Youth Rise Up: Student Mobilizations in the 1990s/La Juventud de la Raza se Levanta: Las Movilizaciones en los 90, the new analysis published by the Oppressed Nationalities Commission of Freedom Road, was posted on this website on August 11, … Continue reading
Published by the Oppressed Nationalities Commission of the Freedom Road Socialist Organization. It has been approximately ten years since the most recent phase of Raza mobilization began here in California. The student walkouts that rocked many northern California high schools … Continue reading