- A Letter from Our National Organizer
- BLACK POWER IS THE SOLUTION FRSO/OSCL Statement on Black Movement, Police Violence, and the Dallas Shootings
- FRSO / OSCL Statement on the Orlando Massacre
- May Day in a Time of Increasing Political Polarization: Some Thoughts on This Moment & the Road Ahead
- Statement of Freedom Road’s National Executive Committee on the Death of Tim Thomas
- You’ve Got To Keep That Anger Inside You Smoldering
- Official Slogans for Comrade Valentine’s Day 2016
- Cotton: The Fabric of Death
- Remembering Richard Levins’ Contributions to Forward Motion
- Richard Levins (1930-2016): Farewell to a Mentor
- Wait a Minute! Two Obamas?
- Interview with Bill Gallegos
- Dialogue with Barbara Ehrenreich – Connecting White Privilege and White Death?
- Button Up! #13 – Hands Up! Don’t Shoot!
- Button Up! #12 – Columbus Was Lost
- Rodt Hammers Red Wedge Into Norwegian Politics
- Ferguson/October Weekend of Resistance
- An In-Depth Look at the Ferguson Eruption: Organization for Black Struggle Leader Lays It Out
- keep movin’ directly
- Button Up! #11 – Black America Can’t Breathe
- Confronting the Matrix and Destroying the Knot of Oppression: “Black Lives Matter” and Building a Counter-hegemonic Movement
- A Tragic Death Becomes a Xenophobic Assault on Immigrant Rights
- Interview: Ajamu Dillahunt, Long-Time Civil Rights Organizer
- Black Lives Matter from the Miserable City of Toledo
- After Murder and Church Burnings: Organize the South! Black Lives Matter!
Category Archives: Chicano National Movement
I went to see the movie, Cesar Chavez on his birthday, March 31st. I watched and felt a mix of sentiments about it. Being an individual who was partly inspired by Chavez and the United Farm Workers Union (U.F.W.) I felt a certain amount of kinship … Continue reading
Editor’s note: Although originally written in 2003, we thought this piece was appropriate to post to commemorate this year as the 40th anniversary of the Chicano Moratorium. Reprinted with permission. Reflections on the past are always a tricky endeavor. It … Continue reading
This article is excerpted from a speech April 18, 2008, The Brecht Forum, NYC Raul Salinas, born March 17, 1934, passed on February 14, 2008, after years of struggle with a myriad of medical maledictions rooted in growing up under … Continue reading
(Introduction to the pamphlet version of Raza Youth Rise Up: Student Mobilizations in the 1990s) March 2006 saw a stunning eruption of anger and determination by millions of immigrants — undocumented and “legal” alike. We hit the streets in hundreds … Continue reading
Raza Youth Rise Up: Student Mobilizations in the 1990s/La Juventud de la Raza se Levanta: Las Movilizaciones en los 90, the new analysis published by the Oppressed Nationalities Commission of Freedom Road, was posted on this website on August 11, … Continue reading
Published by the Oppressed Nationalities Commission of the Freedom Road Socialist Organization. It has been approximately ten years since the most recent phase of Raza mobilization began here in California. The student walkouts that rocked many northern California high schools … Continue reading