Do your part to advance the struggle today! Donations are not tax-deductible, but they do go a long way toward supporting our work. Click the button below to make it happen. (Donations will appear on your bank or credit card statement as Forward Motion.)
- Stand up for Palestine!
- Karega Hart, presente!
- The Revolution in Rojava
- What Goes Around Comes Around
- Cesar Chavez, the Movie
- Chokwe: Reflections on a Fallen Warrior
- A Note to Socialist Union Staffers: Build Working Class Power!
- Fast Food Workers: Giving Juice to a Revived Living Wage MovementFast Food Workers: Giving juice to a revived Living Wage Movement
- Official Slogans for Comrade Valentine’s Day 2014Esloganes oficiales del Dia del Camarada Valentin de 2014
- Bridging the Chasm between Environmental and Economic Justice: A Conversation with Bill Fletcher and Bill Gallegos
- Appreciating what’s been said: Reflections on Amiri Baraka
- Now that Madiba is Dead…
- Overcoming ‘Overburden’: The Climate Crisis and a Unified Left Agenda
- “Remember, Struggle and Be Transformed by the Struggle!” — Reflecting on the Passing of Nelson Mandela
- Victory Is Possible Against All Odds – Nelson Mandela Presente!
- 44 years after Fred Hampton’s murder, the struggle continues
- Help the people and communities affected by typhoon Yolanda
- “Uh-Oh, Instead of Defeating Us They Made Us Defiant”
- “Keep Your Dirty Lights On”
- Stop the Militarization of CUNY in Its Tracks!
- The War Drive Against Syria Has Been Stalled—Let’s Stop It Cold!
- More on California’s prisoner hunger strike
- Birth justice now! Midwifery and traditional childbirthing in oppressed communities
- Bending Toward Justice: Marching on Washington
- The Myth of the Middle Class: Who are the Working Class?
Most Popular Tagsactivists american black bush city class color communist freedom immigrants iraq labor left life man military movement movements occupation organization organizations party people poem political revolution revolutionary rights road social socialism socialist state stone struggle time union war white women work workers world year years
What we’re reading
Category Archives: Building Our Mass Work
I’ve been having a kind of existential crisis about my mass work recently—a real, deep crisis, like getting beat up over and over again by a question you can’t shake. Eight years into my movement work, whole possible lives that … Continue reading
Leveraging our Power in the Face of Red-baiting, Right Wing Populism: The Tea Party in the Context of Mass Work and Community Organizing
When the tea party first came on the scene and Glenn Beck started putting people we know on his chalkboard, organizers on the Left began questioning our strategy and personal safety. How bad is this trend? Bad. Of course it’s … Continue reading
Dialectical and Historical Materialism is for Community Organizers: an IntroductionEl Materialismo Dialéctico e Histórico es para Organizadoras/es Comunitarias/os: una introducción
If you are an organizer working in any way to make progressive change, this framework is probably familiar: Work to build power by recruiting members and developing their leadership abilities. Center the work on issues. Use collective, direct-action strategies as … Continue reading