Do your part to advance the struggle today! Donations are not tax-deductible, but they do go a long way toward supporting our work. Click the button below to make it happen. (Donations will appear on your bank or credit card statement as Forward Motion.)
- Cesar Chavez, the Movie
- Chokwe: Reflections on a Fallen Warrior
- A Note to Socialist Union Staffers: Build Working Class Power!
- Fast Food Workers: Giving Juice to a Revived Living Wage Movement
- Official Slogans for Comrade Valentine’s Day 2014
- Bridging the Chasm between Environmental and Economic Justice: A Conversation with Bill Fletcher and Bill Gallegos
- Appreciating what’s been said: Reflections on Amiri Baraka
- Now that Madiba is Dead…
- Overcoming ‘Overburden’: The Climate Crisis and a Unified Left Agenda
- “Remember, Struggle and Be Transformed by the Struggle!” — Reflecting on the Passing of Nelson Mandela
- Victory Is Possible Against All Odds – Nelson Mandela Presente!
- 44 years after Fred Hampton’s murder, the struggle continues
- Help the people and communities affected by typhoon Yolanda
- “Uh-Oh, Instead of Defeating Us They Made Us Defiant”
- “Keep Your Dirty Lights On”
- Stop the Militarization of CUNY in Its Tracks!
- The War Drive Against Syria Has Been Stalled—Let’s Stop It Cold!
- More on California’s prisoner hunger strike
- Birth justice now! Midwifery and traditional childbirthing in oppressed communities
- Bending Toward Justice: Marching on Washington
- The Myth of the Middle Class: Who are the Working Class?
- “When we fight, we win!” Talking about Jackson and the Chokwe Lumumba campaign
- No More Zimmermans: Reflections from a Teacher, Uncle, and Activist
- California prisoners on hunger strike: what it’s about and what you can do
- Supporters of Hunger Striking Prisoners Rally at Gates of Central Valley Prison
Most Popular Tagsactivists american black bush city class color communist freedom immigrants iraq labor left life man military movement movements occupation organization organizations party people poem political revolution revolutionary rights road social socialism socialist state stone struggle time union war white women work workers world year years
What we’re reading
Category Archives: Against War & Empire
The death of Hugo Chavez, President of Venezuela, on March 5 is a momentous and sorrowful event for the Left on a world scale. Chavez was a towering figure on the Left like no other who has come along in … Continue reading
This article is a re-post with permission from Fire on the Mountain. January 25th was a national day of action to protest the ongoing FBI/Grand Jury witch-hunt against anti-war and solidarity activists in the Midwest. We in Memphis, like people … Continue reading
Download a printable version of this statement here. The Freedom Road Socialist Organization/Organización Socialista del Camino para la Libertad (FRSO/OSCL) denounces in the strongest possible terms the recent FBI raids against activists in the anti-war and international solidarity movement some … Continue reading
Upcoming protests of the FBI raids on anti-war activists are taking place at the following places (click Read More for the full listing): Monday 9/27 Minneapolis, MN – 4:30, FBI Office Monday, 111 Washington Ave. S. Chicago, IL – 4:30 … Continue reading
BILL FLETCHER JR. was recently invited to speak at the United Nation’s International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People. Bill addressed the assembly as a civil society representative and as a member of the Steering Committee of the US … Continue reading
The devastating occupation of Iraq is entering its seventh unjustifiable year. Young men and women who were eleven years old when the US invaded Afghanistan are now being deployed into combat there. With media coverage of the wars almost non-existent, … Continue reading
We bring you a statement by the Revolutionary Association of Women of Afghanistan (dated October 2008; see the link below). You may have already seen or read it. We in FRSO/OSCL were in the process of drafting a statement on … Continue reading
The Situation in the Middle East The threat of a US attack on Iran has come to the fore again. The forced retirement of Admiral Fallon as head of CentCom removes a leader of the majority in the high command … Continue reading