- Talking points on the Trump disaster, the New Confederacy and the Left
- Mni Wiconi! “Water is Life!” A Solidarity Statement by FRSO/OSCL
- Meizhu Lui receives 2016 Asset Builder Champion Award
- ¡Derrotar Trump! By Zancudo
- Crush Trump! Build Our Movements!
- “A Vision for Black Lives: Policy Demands for Black Power, Freedom, & Justice” by Movement for Black Lives
- A Letter from Our National Organizer
- BLACK POWER IS THE SOLUTION FRSO/OSCL Statement on Black Movement, Police Violence, and the Dallas Shootings
- FRSO / OSCL Statement on the Orlando Massacre
- May Day in a Time of Increasing Political Polarization: Some Thoughts on This Moment & the Road Ahead
- Statement of Freedom Road’s National Executive Committee on the Death of Tim Thomas
- You’ve Got To Keep That Anger Inside You Smoldering
- Official Slogans for Comrade Valentine’s Day 2016
- Cotton: The Fabric of Death
- Remembering Richard Levins’ Contributions to Forward Motion
- Richard Levins (1930-2016): Farewell to a Mentor
- Wait a Minute! Two Obamas?
- Interview with Bill Gallegos
- Dialogue with Barbara Ehrenreich – Connecting White Privilege and White Death?
- Button Up! #13 – Hands Up! Don’t Shoot!
- Button Up! #12 – Columbus Was Lost
- Rodt Hammers Red Wedge Into Norwegian Politics
- Ferguson/October Weekend of Resistance
- An In-Depth Look at the Ferguson Eruption: Organization for Black Struggle Leader Lays It Out
- keep movin’ directly
Category Archives: Presente!
The recent death of dedicated activist, environmental scientist and Marxist theoretician Richard Levins brought to mind that he had contributed to FRSO’s print magazine, Forward Motion. For instance, a quick search showed that he was mentioned in the note our … Continue reading
“Within the left, my task has been to argue that our relations with the rest of nature cannot be separated from a global struggle for human liberation, and within the ecology movement my task has been to challenge the “harmony … Continue reading
“To publish Eduardo Galeano is to publish the enemy: the enemy of lies, indifference, above all of forgetfulness. His tenderness is devastating, his truthfulness, furious.” – John Berger The great writer Eduardo Galeano who died on April 14 at 74 … Continue reading
We note with sadness the passing of Reies Lopez Tijerina, one of the great leaders of the Chicano movement. We are republishing the following article—originally published in Forward Motion Magazine #59—which discusses the Alianza Federal de Mercedes that he founded, and … Continue reading
Joe Navarro wrote this poem to commemorate the passing of Karega Hart, a beloved comrade and lifelong revolutionary. That Was Karega Anyone who knew Karega Knew that his baritone voice, even though soft, Was full of courage and commitment. … Continue reading
It is surreal. Instead of welcoming the impending celebration of Chokwe Lumumba’s first year in office as mayor of Jackson, we are struggling to put his son into the mayor’s vacated seat. Chokwe Antar Lumumba was hastily drafted to run … Continue reading
“Appreciating what’s been said and if I understand correctly…” That was the routine and respectful phrase we used in the Congress of African People when we were about to engage in some serious discussion. As I faced the reality of … Continue reading
“Remember, Struggle and Be Transformed by the Struggle!” — Reflecting on the Passing of Nelson Mandela
Claire Tran asked Cameron Barron, Mary Jo Connelly, Jamala Rogers, Peter Hardie, and Montague Simmons to share their reflections after the death of Nelson Mandela. They talked about his life and the influence and lessons from the anti-apartheid movement. I first learned of Nelson Mandela. . … Continue reading
The death of Nelson Mandela, though hardly unexpected, is reverberating through the world, and especially the global left. For revolutionary socialists, this is a moment to reflect on the accomplishments and on the shortcomings of the movement whose main public … Continue reading