Do your part to advance the struggle today! Donations are not tax-deductible, but they do go a long way toward supporting our work. Click the button below to make it happen. (Donations will appear on your bank or credit card statement as Forward Motion.)
- The Day After: Protests from Coast to Coast after Killer Cop Goes Free
- Terror … and Racial Terror
- In honor of Jamala Rogers
- Whites Protest in Solidarity with Black Youth in Ferguson
- Reparations: What’s the Idea of an African-American Nation Got to Do with It?
- Reflections On Ferguson, One Month On: Heroism, Lessons, What Next?
- Suspected for Being Black
- Hip Hop and Ferguson
- Protests erupt in Missouri after another police murder
- Take action now for Palestine!
- Stand up for Palestine!
- Karega Hart, presente!
- The Revolution in Rojava
- What Goes Around Comes Around
- Cesar Chavez, the Movie
- Chokwe: Reflections on a Fallen Warrior
- A Note to Socialist Union Staffers: Build Working Class Power!
- Fast Food Workers: Giving Juice to a Revived Living Wage Movement
- Official Slogans for Comrade Valentine’s Day 2014
- Bridging the Chasm between Environmental and Economic Justice: A Conversation with Bill Fletcher and Bill Gallegos
- Appreciating what’s been said: Reflections on Amiri Baraka
- Now that Madiba is Dead…
- Overcoming ‘Overburden': The Climate Crisis and a Unified Left Agenda
- “Remember, Struggle and Be Transformed by the Struggle!” — Reflecting on the Passing of Nelson Mandela
- Victory Is Possible Against All Odds – Nelson Mandela Presente!
Most Popular Tagsactivists american black bush city class color communist freedom immigrants iraq labor left life man military movement movements occupation organization organizations party people poem political revolution revolutionary rights road social socialism socialist state stone struggle time union war white women work workers world year years
What we’re reading
Category Archives: Poetry
Joe Navarro wrote this poem to commemorate the passing of Karega Hart, a beloved comrade and lifelong revolutionary. That Was Karega Anyone who knew Karega Knew that his baritone voice, even though soft, Was full of courage and commitment. … Continue reading
beware the icon makers they will say he was great they will laud his calls for peace they will wring their hands and cry speaking only of the man disregarding the people explaining away the movement pretending the revolution was … Continue reading
On December 4, 1969, Black Panther leader Fred Hampton was murdered in cold blood by the Chicago Police Department in conspiracy with the FBI. Although many years have gone by since then, the people’s love for this great revolutionary has … Continue reading
When revolutionaries, comrades, or heroes of the people die, we often remember them with a cry of ¡Presente! — a heartfelt promise that their spirit is still present with us and that we will carry on their work. This week … Continue reading
Reposted with permission from Occupy Writers. View original here. (after Gerard Manley Hopkins’s “Pied Beauty”) Glory be to those who topple things— For tents of triple-color, for the canvas town; For froze-proles all in trouble, jostled crowd, that din; Enmeshed … Continue reading
Will we hide Pretend all is well or Remember what they did Spending their lives and hearts A story of legend and truth Peopled by ghosts Ghosts that linger Fiery eyed on the slopes Still leading To a new world … Continue reading
I work alone today The dark a weight Noise and dust A presence Hungry for my soul The mine Is an unquiet grave Waiting for the careless Download this piece as a PDF
There is more Wasting life’s minutes Sacrificed To dust and profits Killing time Mouthing Conversations Full of nothing Until sunlight returns There is more Download this piece as a PDF
The Mountains weep today Dreary as a widowed heart Shadowed with solitude Clouds Huddle close to the ground Sheltering from a cold wind Dark boned ridges Split the sky in rage The land Takes back her own Download this piece … Continue reading
Puddled Dark red on black Essence of life Escaped Its true vessel Wasted Deep within Recesses of earth Download this piece as a PDF