Do your part to advance the struggle today! Donations are not tax-deductible, but they do go a long way toward supporting our work. Click the button below to make it happen. (Donations will appear on your bank or credit card statement as Forward Motion.)
- Getting the Picture: Corporate Crime Scene in West, Texas
- Arundhati Roy: Jungles of Resistance
- May Day 2013: Solidarity and struggle around the world
- May 1: Still a world to win!
- “History had me glued to my seat…”
- Creating a Viable Black Left: Sixteen Lessons Learned in Building the Black Radical Congress
- Ecosocialist Conference NYC April 20
- Building the Justice for Alan Blueford campaign: An interview with Jack Bryson
- Justice for Alan Blueford! Hundreds Protest Police Murder in Oakland
- Remembering Margaret Thatcher
- UT-Austin Ponders Privatizing Staff
- ¡Hugo Chávez Presente!
- FRSO/OSCL celebrates International Women’s Day!
- Heartfelt, hard, painful songs of Marikana
- Behind the Dorner Drama: Respond to Police Violence with Individual “Heroism” or Community Action?
- Official Slogans for Comrade Valentine’s Day 2013
- Native American Activists Talk Idle No More
- Unity Statement on Ecological Justice
- Introducing Idle No More
- Idle No More: Bulletins from the Battlefronts
- Linking the Struggles: Amilcar Cabral and his impact and legacy in the Black Liberation Movement (Part 1)
- The racist roots of ‘right to work’ laws
- Blaming the Workers until the Bitter End: Company has a Long History of Not Being the Hostess with the Mostest
- The murder of Fred Hampton
Most Popular Tagsactivists american black bush city class color communist freedom immigrants iraq labor left life man military movement movements occupation organization organizations party people poem political revolution revolutionary rights road social socialism socialist state stone struggle time union war white women work workers world year years
What we’re reading
Category Archives: Movies
Fred Hampton, who had become chairman of the Illinois chapter of the Black Panther Party by the age of twenty-one, was a great revolutionary leader and organizer. He was killed in cold blood on December 4, 1969, as he lay … Continue reading
At the end of October we once again commemorate the October Revolution, when the Russian Bolsheviks overthrew their capitalist government and created the world’s first socialist state. This clip from Sergei Eisenstein’s movie October, filmed on the actual location where … Continue reading
Reposted with author’s permission from the blog The Fuckin’ Loudest Asians, we bring you this movie review in honor of the 90th anniversary of the founding of the Communist Party of China Synopsis: The Beginning of the Great Revival portrays … Continue reading
9 to 5 The subtitle might as well be Dictatorship of the (Pink-Collar) Proletariat. Three secretaries kidnap their misogynist asshole of a boss, trap him in his own mansion, and run the business like it was theirs–or everybody’s. Child … Continue reading
We also highly recommend reading the Communist Manifesto by Karl Marx and Frederick Engels.