- Cotton: The Fabric of Death
- Remembering Richard Levins’ Contributions to Forward Motion
- Richard Levins (1930-2016): Farewell to a Mentor
- Wait a Minute! Two Obamas?
- Interview with Bill Gallegos
- Dialogue with Barbara Ehrenreich – Connecting White Privilege and White Death?
- Button Up! #13 – Hands Up! Don’t Shoot!
- Button Up! #12 – Columbus Was Lost
- Rodt Hammers Red Wedge Into Norwegian Politics
- Ferguson/October Weekend of Resistance
- An In-Depth Look at the Ferguson Eruption: Organization for Black Struggle Leader Lays It Out
- keep movin’ directly
- Button Up! #11 – Black America Can’t Breathe
- Confronting the Matrix and Destroying the Knot of Oppression: “Black Lives Matter” and Building a Counter-hegemonic Movement
- A Tragic Death Becomes a Xenophobic Assault on Immigrant Rights
- Interview: Ajamu Dillahunt, Long-Time Civil Rights Organizer
- Black Lives Matter from the Miserable City of Toledo
- After Murder and Church Burnings: Organize the South! Black Lives Matter!
- Reflections on Podemos and Izquiera Unida in Spain
- Islands of Poverty in a Sea of Prosperity
- A Eduardo con cariño
- Button Up! #10 – May Day
- Button Up! #9 – Hands Off Venezuela
- Button Up! #8 – Triangle Shirtwaist Fire Commemoration
- Button Up! #7 – Rock Against Racism
Category Archives: Movies
I went to see the movie, Cesar Chavez on his birthday, March 31st. I watched and felt a mix of sentiments about it. Being an individual who was partly inspired by Chavez and the United Farm Workers Union (U.F.W.) I felt a certain amount of kinship … Continue reading
Fred Hampton, who had become chairman of the Illinois chapter of the Black Panther Party by the age of twenty-one, was a great revolutionary leader and organizer. He was killed in cold blood on December 4, 1969, as he lay … Continue reading
At the end of October we once again commemorate the October Revolution, when the Russian Bolsheviks overthrew their capitalist government and created the world’s first socialist state. This clip from Sergei Eisenstein’s movie October, filmed on the actual location where … Continue reading
Reposted with author’s permission from the blog The Fuckin’ Loudest Asians, we bring you this movie review in honor of the 90th anniversary of the founding of the Communist Party of China Synopsis: The Beginning of the Great Revival portrays … Continue reading
9 to 5 The subtitle might as well be Dictatorship of the (Pink-Collar) Proletariat. Three secretaries kidnap their misogynist asshole of a boss, trap him in his own mansion, and run the business like it was theirs–or everybody’s. Child … Continue reading
We also highly recommend reading the Communist Manifesto by Karl Marx and Frederick Engels. Download this piece as a PDF