- May Day in a Time of Increasing Political Polarization: Some Thoughts on This Moment & the Road Ahead
- Statement of Freedom Road’s National Executive Committee on the Death of Tim Thomas
- You’ve Got To Keep That Anger Inside You Smoldering
- Official Slogans for Comrade Valentine’s Day 2016
- Cotton: The Fabric of Death
- Remembering Richard Levins’ Contributions to Forward Motion
- Richard Levins (1930-2016): Farewell to a Mentor
- Wait a Minute! Two Obamas?
- Interview with Bill Gallegos
- Dialogue with Barbara Ehrenreich – Connecting White Privilege and White Death?
- Button Up! #13 – Hands Up! Don’t Shoot!
- Button Up! #12 – Columbus Was Lost
- Rodt Hammers Red Wedge Into Norwegian Politics
- Ferguson/October Weekend of Resistance
- An In-Depth Look at the Ferguson Eruption: Organization for Black Struggle Leader Lays It Out
- keep movin’ directly
- Button Up! #11 – Black America Can’t Breathe
- Confronting the Matrix and Destroying the Knot of Oppression: “Black Lives Matter” and Building a Counter-hegemonic Movement
- A Tragic Death Becomes a Xenophobic Assault on Immigrant Rights
- Interview: Ajamu Dillahunt, Long-Time Civil Rights Organizer
- Black Lives Matter from the Miserable City of Toledo
- After Murder and Church Burnings: Organize the South! Black Lives Matter!
- Reflections on Podemos and Izquiera Unida in Spain
- Islands of Poverty in a Sea of Prosperity
- A Eduardo con cariño
Category Archives: Culture
Revolutionaries are moved, as Che Guevara famously pointed out, by great feelings of love for the people. But for many of us, the first impulse toward activism, and then the idea of socialist revolution, was something quite other—anger, even rage, … Continue reading
To All Who Love the People, To All Who Fight Their Oppressors and Exploiters: 1. Let us take up the proletarian line of revolutionary romanticism laid down by Comrade Valentine as our bright red battle cry. 2. Let us struggle … Continue reading
This review of Sven Beckert, Empire of Cotton: A Global History was originally published by Monthly Review. I could not wait to read Empire of Cotton. For four years following the 2008 mortgage crisis, I worked as a cotton merchant for … Continue reading
The recent death of dedicated activist, environmental scientist and Marxist theoretician Richard Levins brought to mind that he had contributed to FRSO’s print magazine, Forward Motion. For instance, a quick search showed that he was mentioned in the note our … Continue reading
“Within the left, my task has been to argue that our relations with the rest of nature cannot be separated from a global struggle for human liberation, and within the ecology movement my task has been to challenge the “harmony … Continue reading
blue black we still shoutin’/screamin’/prayin’/swearin’/tauntin’/crackin’/laughin’ beat down/bloody/hearts broke/weepin’/wonderin’/doubtin’ reachin’/teachin’/liberation preachin’ we enslaved today by empire and nightmare dreams but we still matter and see tomorrow comin’ ’cause what we do is resist is work is build somethin’ better what we … Continue reading